IGNORED

BASIC XL Manual Now Available

8bitclassics

In a previous thread I had asked to borrow copies of manuals from OSS products. My first finished product is the BASIC XL manual which is available for free at 8-Bit Classics. I have also used CafePress to print of the manual for those who want it printed and spiral bound. Received mine today and turned out very nicely. For those who previously downloaded, I made couple updates, so maybe you would like to download again? Mostly minor fixes and added the official OSS logo to the cover.

Anyway, for a free download:

Download

To purchase, it is $15.00.

http://www.cafepress.com/8bitclassics

On a side note, currently working on the ACTION! manual and about half done right now. It will be made freely downloadable and will make available on Cafepress also. More pages, so will be a bit more expensive.

Thanks,

Corey

Link Has Been Updated

Edited by 8bitclassics

I downloaded from another sites and the same thing...

Inside the disk there are only no executables files. Well I keep searching then...

Someone had used QUICK or QUICKCODE for programming games?

Both are nice tools for design a low level program in short time.

• 5 years later...

In a previous thread I had asked to borrow copies of manuals from OSS products. My first finished product is the BASIC XL manual which is available for free at 8-Bit Classics. I have also used CafePress to print of the manual for those who want it printed and spiral bound. Received mine today and turned out very nicely. For those who previously downloaded, I made couple updates, so maybe you would like to download again? Mostly minor fixes and added the official OSS logo to the cover.

Anyway, for a free download:

Download

To purchase, it is $15.00.

http://www.cafepress.com/8bitclassics

On a side note, currently working on the ACTION! manual and about half done right now. It will be made freely downloadable and will make available on Cafepress also. More pages, so will be a bit more expensive.

Thanks,

Corey

Link Has Been Updated

Fantastic work on the BASIC XL manual! Thank you. Any chance that the Action! manual is complete? Does any one else know where I can get a .pdf copy of the Action! manual?

Thanks

Thank you for the prompt reply. I have the original manuals. Thank you for taking the time to scan them in and to share them with everyone.

I was hoping to find the Action! manual in the same hypertext? format as the above BASIC XL manual. It's so well done and I really appreciate 8bitclassics for taking the time to put the BASIC XL manual together so professionally.

Thank you for the prompt reply. I have the original manuals. Thank you for taking the time to scan them in and to share them with everyone.

I was hoping to find the Action! manual in the same hypertext? format as the above BASIC XL manual. It's so well done and I really appreciate 8bitclassics for taking the time to put the BASIC XL manual together so professionally.

Here's the bookmarked version of it: Action Ref

Thank you very much.

Thank you very much.

I had spent a lot of time creating that fully hyperlinked pdf of the Action! manual. 

This is the best version of the document to use as you are studying or programming in Action! because EVERY Topic, subtopic, category, keyword is linked, not only to get where you are going, but to get back to where you were, via back hyperlinks.

The document also has a complete, hierarchical quick-link, in outline form, in the left pane, to complement the fully linked Table of Contents.

The manual is made for interactive use, Every clickable object is Highlighted, with a yellow Highlight, to show everything that can be clicked. Feel free to use this document to learn & use Action. Please, however, do not sell this document, as it was a labor of love, that took many days of hours to make, specifically for the benefit of others in the Atari community, so that more people could learn the language.

Enjoy!

Thank you very much.

I had spent a lot of time creating that fully hyperlinked pdf of the Action! manual. 

This is the best version of the document to use as you are studying or programming in Action! because EVERY Topic, subtopic, category, keyword is linked, not only to get where you are going, but to get back to where you were, via back hyperlinks.

The document also has a complete, hierarchical quick-link, in outline form, in the left pane, to complement the fully linked Table of Contents.

The manual is made for interactive use, Every clickable object is Highlighted, with a yellow Highlight, to show everything that can be clicked. Feel free to use this document to learn & use Action. Please, however, do not sell this document, as it was a labor of love, that took many days of hours to make, specifically for the benefit of others in the Atari community, so that more people could learn the language.

Enjoy!

I fully understand the efforts that you put toward creating a fully linked Action! manual and I highly appreciate your labor of love. I would never think about abusing the special privilege that you're willing to share your work with the Atari community. Is there a link where we can find the .pdf file?

In case you're not aware of this, I wrote a Tetris program called CTetris4 for the Atari 800 in Action! See link below.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/147244-ctetris4d-release-pre-final-version/

• Like 1

The one mentioned above, as the bookmarked version, is the Def Edition. You can also find it from the original post, here.  It's good stuff... worth the MegaUpload 'wait-countdown'. Enjoy. 

Downloaded it. It's all organized and bookmarked as you said. Thank you very much!