IGNORED

HSC Season 3 Week 13: Jawbreaker

Ze_ro

I just found this site yesterday.  Great place.  Thought I would take a crack at Jawbreaker.

That's the best I could manage so far.

jaw187809jt.jpg

947134[/snapback]

Welcome to the high score club! Enjoy, stay, and play more as we play a new game every week!

With all due respect to keilbaca, that is a great score, but are the game settings correct? The screenshot shows the setting for game mode 3 I believe.

I don't think I can get any higher than where I am. Not that I won't be trying :)

I have to get better at using the moving doors. I try to end around too much.

I will suggest that you establish some sort of pattern in your head. It helps me sort of maintain my cool during the game as things speed up. I mentally split the screen in half and try to do the right side first then the left side. Alot of that has to do with my poor moving door use though.

Secondly, try to use all three of the vitamin pills on every level. In the early levels I pursue the enemy after the pill to try to build points. Those late rounds they don't stay vunerable long enough to really pursue them. But if you can get an incidential enemy take the points.

With all due respect to keilbaca, that is a great score, but are the game settings correct?  The screenshot shows the setting for game mode 3 I believe.

I don't think I can get any higher than where I am.  Not that I won't be trying :)

I have to get better at using the moving doors.  I try to end around too much.

I will suggest that you establish some sort of pattern in your head.  It helps me sort of maintain my cool during the game as things speed up.  I mentally split the screen in half and try to do the right side first then the left side.  Alot of that has to do with my poor moving door use though.

Secondly, try to use all three of the vitamin pills on every level.  In the early levels I pursue the enemy after the pill to try to build points.  Those late rounds they don't stay vunerable long enough to really pursue them.  But if you can get an incidential enemy take the points.

947623[/snapback]

Indeed that they are. After a game, let it sit there for a few minutes. It will go through a series of colors at the end of the game. I was at work when I did this and got distracted, so it took some time to print screen the picture.

I was at work when I did this

947689[/snapback]

Our tax dollars at work, er play :lolblue:

947810[/snapback]

Hey, what else am I supposed to do at work? Its 7pm, no one else is open, and there are no tickets to work on. I'd rather play Jawbreaker than watch the crap movies they play here.

Hey, what else am I supposed to do at work? Its 7pm, no one else is open, and there are no tickets to work on. I'd rather play Jawbreaker than watch the crap movies they play here.

947817[/snapback]

That is a great score keilbaca. BTW, I am all too familiar with the ticket system thing :)

a 34,680 for 5th ghost too... geez.

I will try to run a few game tonight and maybe increase a little. There is NO way I can see touching 34k let alone 53k.

947817[/snapback]

That is a great score keilbaca. BTW, I am all too familiar with the ticket system thing :)

a 34,680 for 5th ghost too... geez.

I will try to run a few game tonight and maybe increase a little. There is NO way I can see touching 34k let alone 53k.

947947[/snapback]

Its easy once you get a pattern down. Don't hang on the sides (as mentioned), use the holes in the floor to get the dots.

Don't forget, when you hit about the halfway point, they get confused, sometimes no smiley comes, but most of the time, one will be chasing you from the same direction you are going, so you can safely clear the row.

Try this. Say you're running a row, from right to left. A smiley pops up. Duck down to the lower row. Wait for the ghost to pass, double back slightly, go back up to the upper row and finish it off.

Also use the power pellets to clear dots, not to get the smileys. You'll hit higher scores in no time.

And thanks 5th Ghost, I still got some spunk left in me, you can't win every game ;)

Edited by keilbaca

18,540 -

"Things are gettin' better, better, gettin' better all the time -

Things are gettin' better, much better, or have I gone and lost my mind

They use to have the rag bottom & the razz-ma-tazz

But now there's Miles, Monk and Moody with their Modern Jazz

Gettin' better, better, gettin' better all the time -

But they sure ain't gettin' no better for meeeeeeeee!" (Eddie Jefferson, 1957)

Edited by silverpoodleman