IGNORED

Odd Activision Patch

cvga

I was hoping to have some made for christmas  :twisted: 

if I can get more then 15 made in one shot (the guy makes them as a hobby or something) I will sell them for cost (to me) plus maby $2.00 for shipping

963657[/snapback]

I'd love to have one also...let me know if you need anything.

:D :cool:

if its ok I would love to have some made

If you mean the "you suck!" patch - it's fine with me. :)

one thing... what size should it be?

Whatever size the Chopper Command patch is. That's what I used as a template. Someone around here should be able to measure one. (I used a picture from the web... I don't actually have the patch.)

PM me with your e-mail address, and I'll send you the artwork.

I was hoping to have some made for christmas  :twisted: 

if I can get more then 15 made in one shot (the guy makes them as a hobby or something) I will sell them for cost (to me) plus maby $2.00 for shipping

963657[/snapback]

Something tells me Activision wouldn't take to kindly to their name being reproduced and sold like that, as they're still pretty up on their properties protection. If you creat a patch like that, you might want to leave out the Activision name and ®.

Will it come with the letter also?

I'll try and make one that's at suitable resolution. The letter in this thread isn't nearly clean enough for a full-page print.

Something tells me Activision wouldn't take to kindly to their name being reproduced and sold like that, as they're still pretty up on their properties protection.  If you creat a patch like that, you might want to leave out the Activision name and ®.

Then what would be the point?

Will it come with the letter also?

I'll try and make one that's at suitable resolution. The letter in this thread isn't nearly clean enough for a full-page print.

Something tells me Activision wouldn't take to kindly to their name being reproduced and sold like that, as they're still pretty up on their properties protection.  If you creat a patch like that, you might want to leave out the Activision name and ®.

Then what would be the point?

964027[/snapback]

The point is fair warning. I'm giving friendly advice based on past events where I know they've gone after someone to protect their trademarks. And staff from Activision do read this board.

I doubt that they would even ever find out. In the case that these actually get made there may be what, 20 maybe 30 of them floating around? If you are that worried about it you could also just change the Activision logo to something comical as well, but still make it look similar, like Actovision, Activasion, or something.

P.S. If these get made you should probably start a new thread about it so people that missed this thread know about it.

i am not worried about them coming after me. its not like i am rich (i am far from that) and i will not be making any money from this... i should know in maby a week if i can get this done.. i will let everyone know when i find out. and if i can do this what the cost will be ( and about how many people want one so i dont have too many extras made)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...

#Nathan_Strum Add Me To The You Suck Patch List! I Think Making It Say Activaison Or Something Like That (So None Of Usd Get Sued - Just Like The Wacky Packages Did) Having It Would Be Super Cool.... I Think It Could Just Be A Little Smaller Than A Normal Patch... Maybe I Could Hack The You Suck Patch Into Activision Anthology (Where You Could Earn Virtual Patches Of What The Equivalent Of The Atari 2600 Patch For That Specific Game Would've Been In '83:

) So If That You Didn't Earn Enough Points To Get The Patch Amini You Suck Patch Would Show Up (For The Time Being) In The Corner Or Something...Maybe It Could Be An Easter Egg With The Konami Code At the Menu..

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...
On 10/20/2005 at 8:43 AM, Nathan Strum said:

I don't know why you would... the letter they sent along with it wasn't very nice either.

loser_letter.jpg

I suppose it's asking a bit much to hope that was a form letter.

And only 15 years later, this letter and the patch became reality. :) 

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2