IGNORED

Pac Man Fever

Keystone Kaper

...I am listening to this right now. And a little part of my is dying. This is terrible, truly terrible....and why do they zoom in on buddy's keyboard during the GUITAR solo!?!?!?

Almost funny, but then again I guess it's what you like to laugh at....I mean, the first time I heard Leonard Nimoy sing "The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins" (take that, Led Zepplin!)..I felt the same way..."...man, this is GARBAGE...but kinda funny!"....

..by the way, go read the PMF story on their website, it's really interesting, honestly!

Edited by atarilovesyou

...I am listening to this right now.  And a little part of my is dying.  This is terrible, truly terrible....and why do they zoom in on buddy's keyboard during the GUITAR solo!?!?!?

Almost funny, but then again I guess it's what you like to laugh at....I mean, the first time I heard Leonard Nimoy sing "The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins" (take that, Led Zepplin!)..I felt the same way..."...man, this is GARBAGE...but kinda funny!"....

966176[/snapback]

Oh yeah, I finally watched it since you mentioned it and it is bad. Just about as bad as their CD, except you don't have to watch them mangle the song when you play the horrific CD. Did you notice when the other guy sings, a lot of voices come out, some of which sound female? Now that's talent!

It's also creepy to see chunky old white guys bobbing their heads to music. Just go play with your grandchildren and leave us with our 1980s memories. I still don't understand why someone can't fight to get the original songs put on CD.

Edited by Random Terrain

But the guys are making up for it! On their website, they've done a Pac-Man Fever promo video (make sure you've got a fast Internet connection; the video is full length, and yes, that's it).

More performance than video, and it's just Buckner(?) doing the vocals to the instrumental version of the original "Pac-Man Fever" while Garcia(?) lip-synchs the BVs. Apparently, it would take a real die-hard Pac-Man fanatic who would go all out to make a real video based on the song.

Edited by Vic George 2K3

• 2 months later...

Sorry to revive a relatively dead thread......but I really need to toss my $.02 into this...

Thanks for the link to that video and website.....the site is kinda neat, but that video was horrid! I have all of the original songs downloaded onto my iPod(except for the instrumental version of PMF)....because I bought it on both Album AND Cassette. I also have the 45 version of PMF(and yes, it has the instrumental version on the B side)....

I had read the reviews of the "new" CD....and honestly, I'm disappointed in what I read. I was hoping against all hope that the CD would be a "re-release" of the originals.....alas, it was not to be(and a damned shame it is).

No matter what they pull, NOTHING will beat the originals! "Goin' Berzerk" is, IMHO, the best track on the album. I can listen to that repeatedly.

"Do The Donkey Kong", only has one sound drop(as I call it, it wasn't a fade out as someone else put it....the sound dropped to near-inaudible levels, then came back up as fast as it dropped)...toward the end. I had thought it was a flaw in my record, until I DL'd the whole album from Grokster. I really enjoy listening to those old songs, and it really blows peoples minds when I play them....most young people have never even heard of them.

Oh, and before anyone goes off on a tangent about downloading music that way, I look at it this way: I paid for it once. If someone made a conversion of the original record, and I own a copy of said record....then I am within my rights of copies for personal use. Metallica can kiss my ass.

... I didn't even know there *was* an instrumental version of Pac-Man Fever.

Must... find.. it...

-DS

971394[/snapback]

Does anybody know that there was a 12" extended version of PMF? (Yes, I had it back in the day) :roll:

BOTH sides were instrumental, and the 'club version' was something like 5:25 and just repeated the music for the verse again... Side 'B' was just the standard length instrumental version.

I remember buying it, hoping it would have more Pac-Man sound effects in it! :ponder:

Bob

Edited by PacManPlus

Sorry to revive a relatively dead thread......but I really need to toss my $.02 into this...

1018095[/snapback]

If you make a new thread people will yell at you and point you to the old thread, but if you post in the old thread they will yell at you for dredging up old threads. The best choice is usually suicide.

No matter what they pull, NOTHING will beat the originals!

1018095[/snapback]

Yep. Original record is much better.

"Goin' Berzerk" is, IMHO, the best track on the album. I can listen to that repeatedly.

1018095[/snapback]

I always thought Mousetrap was the best song. I bet it could have been a hit if people had a chance to hear it on the radio back then.

This is my list from most liked to least liked:

1. Mousetrap

2. Pac Man Fever

3. Hyperspace

4. Do The Donkey Kong

5. The Defender

6. Froggy's Lament

7. Goin' Berzerk

8. Ode To A Centipede

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...