IGNORED

Imagic labels

dwh

My next 'collectors project' is going to be getting all the label variants of Imagic games.I looked up Imagic on this site and saw 'firefighter' and 'riddle of the sphinx' had two picture label entries--is this an error--should these two games have both picture labels and text labels???

Thanks for the info.Of course, now I have to keep an eye out for those international releases...The only thing cheaper than that cart shrinkwrapped to the yellow 'box'would have been just selling them 'loose' without box or inst's;obviously,the crash had hit by then.

anyone know the origin of that "yellow box" version of the imagic games? i thought john earney found them in a warehouse somewhere.

just how rare are they?

were they post-crash official releases, or trade show versions or someone like sam's club or radio shack selling them with cheap packaging?

as for the text only multi-language versions, these often showed up in canada in ntsc format. so when you say "picture label only for the US release", are you not going to include the NTSC/canadian releases of games? i think i have a NTSC text label of fire fighter. of course, from a scan, you cannot tell if the multi-language label has a NTSC or a PAL chip underneath

I'm not really sure how rare they are. I remember someone had quite a few, and I'm sure it was a warehouse find. But if only a few people have stashes, they're probably still fairly rare.

I don't know how/where they were sold originally.

Yes, we will include Canadian/NTSC multi-lingual labels. If you want to send any in, we would welcome it, I don't think we have any ourselves. What are the boxes like for those?

[ 04-26-2002: Message edited by: Alex ]

Here is an example of the other box: http://www.atariage.com/box_page.html?Soft...7&BoxStyleID=57  

Cool, I'd not seen that before. It reminded me of a Centipede "boxed" cart that I got from Australia a few years back that I've not seen anywhere since:

It's a silver label cart, in a plastic bag with instructions behind it, with a piece of card sealing the bag at the top. On the card, it says "Atari Super Value". I assume that this must have been a pre-red label release range of cheaper (budget) games that were sold on racks (there is the little hole in the card for hanging).

Just thought someone might be interested..

Steve.

shoot, wish i had a photographic memory. i don't think the fire fighter i have is boxed, but i know i have one or two imagic games from canada with boxes. i seem to think they look like the multi-language imagic boxes sold in europe. i wouldn't be surprised to see "product of canada" on it somewhere like parker bros and spectravision boxes have.

i do not have a scanner, so i can't make an image good enough to post on this site. i have a digital camera which i can send photos of some stuff if interested (like bumper bash box from canada, not sure if resolution will be good enough to see the fine print though ).

You can't directly upload to our site. You can show these pics from within the message board if you know a little HTML. Hopefully this will work for everyone, although I don't know if Yahoo allows external linking (the image is already cached in my browser):

TrickShotIntBox.jpg?bclCFz8AKcG2N4Ib

looks like i only have one canadian imagic box, trick shot. it looks like the same style as those picture in the european ebay auction in the previous post. the cart label, box, and instructions are in five languages: english, french, german, italian, and spanish. the spine of the box shows "IA3000C International Edition". the back of the box says "printed in USA". there is a single sheet insert with imagic contact addresses for england, germany, spain, canada, france, italy, australia, singapore, belgium, south africa and us military forces.

the catalog is 700500-3 Rev. A. It is very similar to 700500-1 Rev. A shown on AtariAge. All the same games are there, but each is on its own page with the description in english and french only. no numb thumb clug section. box styles shown are the "US-english only" versions. i wonder if this is a "canadian market" catalog. what does the european imagic catalog look like?