IGNORED

Qb Special Edition - Announcement

Andrew Davie

Andrew,

when i sent you the money for the "recall" i was not thinking about the "collectable" of the bugged QB! i just didn't want to see you LOSE money off this!! like when Chad made the cuttle cart he also had a recall. i sent him the money to cover the cost of it, just because he (like you) made something for the greatest system ever!! (well.... in my mind) and we all make mistakes, and when we make mistakes, it can cost a hell of a lot for 1 person or a very little cost for a hell of a lot of people! i think 6 bucks sounds very little! please keep the money i sent even if it was more then you are asking!

and hope you will keep making more games in the future!!

Take Care,

Rick

PS: just in case those are collectable please send me both boards! hehe....

I ,too, have offered him more money for this. Of course, I would like to get both versions, but I left it up to him to set the price. I don't want to short change him for me getting something extra, so whatever he feels is fair is fine by me. And besides, if he sends the new "debugged" version to me as just a PCB and label the he doesn't have to spend the extra time putting it together. I can do that myself!

BTW, Andrew, thanks again for letting me in on this! I'm really glad I got on the list!

I want to both version, please the fixed version complete in case and with Lable. And the bug version without anything.

Thanks if you do it. I pay more for it (I already have send you to much, so you must not give me all rest back, only US$30).

OK, I've posted a recall notice to all purchasers. This details the steps I'm taking and what options are available to purchasers.

In summary, nobody is asked to pay extra money to receive what they originally paid for. Just sit back and wait, and you will receive a bug-fixed cartridge or board.

I have offered those people who would ONLY be receiving the new (fixed) version the option of paying $6 to instead own the buggy AND fixed version.

Anyway, if you were a purchaser, you SHOULD have received an email from me. If not, please contact me in a couple of days.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

at the start of this topic Andrew posted the following message: "Note the small sticker on each - this is because each is individually serial-numbered in the ROM itself, so they have to be identified for insertion into the correct box."

I played my "Qb" cartridge for some hours already, but never saw the individual number of my cartridge somewhere in the game. Is it only hidden somewhere in the deeper dungeons of the ROM or can the number be watched somehow/somewhen?

Just wondering...

Simon

Yes, so have I understand it too. Only in the code, but not in the gameplay. So there is no easteregg where you can see the number.

There was an other game, where you can see the Number, one version from Crazy Valet (the first) if I not wrong.

So you can only found the number, when you dump the ROM.

I think that my copy of "EdTris" contains a visible unique number, too. I currently don't know if any other homebrew does...have to check that.

"Mental Kombat" will contain the limited number in the intro aswell (#00 to #99).

I don't know if I'll just erase that routine for the unlimited cartridges of MK2600 or replace the numbers by an "unlimited sign" (that symbol looking like an "8" which is roted by 90 degrees). What would you prefer?

Just a quick update. The replacement ROM binary is in the hands of the manufacturer (Randy from Hozer Video) and when he has delivered the 100 replacement boards I shall recommence deliveries. The status page www.2headed.com/qbstatus.txt has been updated to show receipt dates for those units I've been notified about. Mostly I've had enthusiastic comments from the proud owners.

Once again, apologies for the delay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Those following the status page will have noticed that I've reached the halfway point in deliveries. It's been a long, long haul but I'm getting there. Never give up

I've placed the final unclaimed Qb (#36) on eBay with no minimum bid (well, $1) and no reserve. If you always wanted one, or want a second, then this is your chance. I'll even pay the postage.

Thank you once again to everyone for their patience. And please remember when your Qb arrives to let me know so I can update the records.