IGNORED

ebay help!

Atari freak 1

ARRG,

actully Just after I added this post,I found out the same info you just gave me.

I placed a bid on a atari system and just a few days later someone answered a post that I posted asking if anybody had an atari to sell. and he's giving me a beter deal.

I just got to hope that someone will out bid me. which there is a good chance because it's only at 15.00. and only 4 hours left.

I have a question about reserve prices

will someone sell you an item even if you didnt reach the reserve price? or will it all depend on how close you are to the reserve price?

oh and will the seller contact you after the auction even if you didnt reach the reserve price?

I know if you dont reach the reserve price that you and the seller are not under any further obligation.

If you don't meet the reserve price, the auction will end, and eBay will consider the item unsold... however, after that, the auctioneer may contact the bidders to see if anyone wants to buy it for the price they previously bid. However, that would have nothing to do with eBay... it would be completely between the auctioneer and bidders. You could always contact the seller after a failed auction and make an offer...

--Zero

I just noticed a few days back that eBay has introduced 'make a personal offer' option so that if the reserve is not met the seller can contact the bidder via eBay and offer to sell them the item.

I can't imagine too many people use this option - if you contact the bidder this way you still have to pay fees to eBay, but if you just send the bidder an email yourself you won't have to pay any fees.