Photo

Color on Hacks problem

5 replies to this topic

#1 Atari Dogs OFFLINE  

Atari Dogs

Stargunner

• 1,673 posts

Posted Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:30 AM

I have burned a few hack games to eproms for my kids. Some of the eproms came out perfect and some have problems with the color. DonkeyClaus and Tomb Raider 2600 came out perfect. Jungle Jane (female Pitfall) and Helloween (Halloween Pitfall) have problems with the color. I am using my 5200 with the 2600 adapter. I have opened the adapter and adjusted the color pot, but the black and greys never separate. The roms work fine on my computer. Any ideas what is wrong.

#2 Atari Dogs OFFLINE  

Atari Dogs

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,673 posts

Posted Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:31 PM

Anyone know why the colors would be different on the pc emulator than when I burned it to an eprom?

#3 Thomas Jentzsch OFFLINE  

Thomas Jentzsch

Thrust, Jammed, SWOOPS!, Boulder Dash, THREE·S, Star Castle

• 23,976 posts
  • Always left from right here!

Posted Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:48 AM

Maybe you are using NTSC ROMS on a PAL machine?

#4 Atari Dogs OFFLINE  

Atari Dogs

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,673 posts

Posted Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:22 PM

Maybe you are using NTSC ROMS on a PAL machine?

View Post

No, It is a NTSC machine. I do not know if has anything to do with the fact I am using a 2600 adapter on a 5200. The roms are from the AtariAge Hacks area, so they should be NTSC.
Correct me if I am wrong, what I see on the my computer using the z26 emulator is what I should see on my console. The games play fine, but the colors are not correct. It is not because of the color pot(?) becaused I have adjusted that trying to fix the problem.

#5 Thomas Jentzsch OFFLINE  

Thomas Jentzsch

Thrust, Jammed, SWOOPS!, Boulder Dash, THREE·S, Star Castle

• 23,976 posts
  • Always left from right here!

Posted Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:58 AM

Correct me if I am wrong, what I see on the my computer using the z26 emulator is what I should see on my console. 

z26 automatically detects wether it is a NTSC or PAL ROM and then acts like a NTSC or PAL machine.

You could try using the -n switch and check the scanline count (should be around 262). Though I don't think that's your problem.

#6 Atari Dogs OFFLINE  

Atari Dogs

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,673 posts

Posted Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:33 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, what I see on the my computer using the z26 emulator is what I should see on my console. 

z26 automatically detects wether it is a NTSC or PAL ROM and then acts like a NTSC or PAL machine.

You could try using the -n switch and check the scanline count (should be around 262). Though I don't think that's your problem.

View Post

You could be right. Greg Zumalt is the one credited with hacking the game. His bio does not say where he is from. But I read one of his posts and he spelled color with a u.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users