IGNORED

What system do you play the most right now?

Rhindle The Red

What system do you play the most right now?  

181 members have voted

1. 1. What system do you play the most right now?

• Atari 2600
    • Atari 7800
    • ColecoVision
    • Mattel Intellivision
    • Microsoft XBOX
    • Microsoft XBOX360
    • NEC TurboGrafx (16,CD,PC-Engine)
    • Nintendo NES (Famicom)
    • Nintendo SNES (Super Famicom)
    • Nintendo 64
    • Nintendo GameCube
    • Nintendo Game Boy (GB, GBC, GBA, SGB, GBP)
    • Nintendo DS
    • Sega Genesis (Mega Drive, Nomad, SegaCD, CDX, 32X...)
    • Sega Saturn
    • Sega Dreamcast
    • Sony PlayStation
    • Sony PlayStation 2
    • Gaming quality PC
    • Other

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Sorry for the delay. Violent stomache virus. Icky.

Anyway, what system are you playing the most these days? Do you still spend most of your time on a classic console or are you up-to-the-minute?

Since the poll is limited to 20 entries, I have tried to choose the most likely answers, but click 'other' if you're toiling away on your Bandai Playdia or Fairchild Channel F.

Sorry for the delay.  Violent stomache virus.  Icky.

Anyway, what system are you playing the most these days?  Do you still spend most of your time on a classic console or are you up-to-the-minute?

Since the poll is limited to 20 entries, I have tried to choose the most likely answers, but click 'other' if you're toiling away on your Bandai Playdia or Fairchild Channel F.

973487[/snapback]

On PC. I like playing The Sims right now.

BTW: what do you mean by "gaming quality PC"?

"On PC/Mac" would fit better.

Edited by Serguei2

BTW: what do you mean by "gaming quality PC"?

"On PC/Mac" would fit better.

973516[/snapback]

I take this to mean a computer designed to serve primarily as a gaming platform, i.e., high-end video and sound cards, overclocked processors, extra cooling, surround sound, perhaps multiple controller input and a big monitor.

Most of my gaming is done via computer, although I was playing the Vectrex this morning, and I just got a PS2 last week - my first two games for it: Atari Anthology and Gottlieb Pinball Hall of Fame. Classics rule!

I've been on my PC a bit myself, and the Sims are a bit addicting. I'm contemplating, in The Sims 2, creating a neighborhood with a bunch of uber-rich families with all these big homes with all sorts of fun stuff and a big swimming pool.

Last night during a bout of insomnia, I tested out my Entombed cart on my Atari 7800, since I hadn't had a chance to play it for awhile after I got it, and it works fine.

I can't believe I had to choose "other" to select the 5200.

Well, I had to limit myself to 19 choices (to leave room for "other") and I didn't want to put *all* the Atari systems in there. I tried to choose the ones I thought most likely to be voted for and still have a good variety of choices. I chose the 7800 over the 5200 because this poll seemed to indicate that a lot of people play their 2600 games on the 7800. The 7800 area also has more topics and posts than the 5200 area. I thought *someone* would choose it. Until I can do polls with unlimited answers, there's always going to be this kind of compromise.

I chose 2600, as that's one of the only systems I've been playing lately. In the last few months I've been playing many homebrew games, and just today I was testing the 2005 Holiday Cart. :) I do need to spend some quality time testing Adventure II on the 5200, though. I also was surprised to see the 5200 omitted from the list of options.

As for the number of poll questions being limited to 20, I think I increased that from the default and remember thinking, "Nobody will ever make a poll with 20 answers." :)

..Al

I also was surprised to see the 5200 omitted from the list of options.

Well, I *was* recovering from a stomache bug. Must've messed with my logic circuits. (Yeah, that's the ticket. Blame the bug...)

As for the number of poll questions being limited to 20, I think I increased that from the default and remember thinking, "Nobody will ever make a poll with 20 answers."  :)

So can we up the limit? :D

If no one complained I would put PS/PS2 and XBox/XBox 360 together this way there is room for the 5200. ;)

For the most part both are backwards compatible and it's like putting all the Gameboy systems together. It's also closer in games then say a Nomad and Sega CD even though you need a Genesis to play the CD I was told. Although I am sure someone would argue that. :)