IGNORED

Sunnyvale CA Thrifting is pretty dry.....

Cassidy Nolen

I figured that it being the capital of all that is/was Atari, there should be some pretty good finds, right? WRONG!

Nicole and I hit over 20 places in Silicon Valley this last week and found virtually nothing. Total haul did require a thriftstore suitcase to get home, but still was not enough for what we did.

Thrift store finds:

Atari 800 boxes (no carts)-Gateway to Asaphai, PitStop, Atari Graphics (with cart), bunch of common 2600's (total 10 carts made up of SI, Pac's Combats and Missile Commands), few Atari Power supplies for 5200s.

Flea Market in San Jose-

Sunnyvale heavy sixer in reconditioned box, rough shape with 8 common games, 60 bucks! Way too much for even ebay. I talked to everyone at the market, and they all said about a year ago all the Atari dried up there, said we should check the internet. DUh?

Did find some Intellivision carts boxed and 3 Tengen unlicensed NES games, no Tetris though.

Matts Game Shop:

The best of the trip: Fairchild f2 with a bunch of boxed carts, 2 2600's with power cords, and a 1200xl (did not have one)

Also managed to find a Superman cart with pic label and a Flight Sim for the XL.

All in all, a great trip (went to meet Nolan, heck that was enough) but still some decent finds.

Cassidy

BTW, everyone has those "yeah this guy that used to work for Atari gave me a bunch of..." stories, but nobody ever seems to know what or where the stuff was/is......Strange.

Well you may not have found any ultra rare Atari items on your trip but you did meet the man him self. Did you get a chance to talk to him and if you did, did you get any pictures with him that you can post here.

Hi Cassidy, I live here and the thrifting is pretty dry (just like most places). Like I mentioned in another threat, I bike down to the San Jose flea mostly to get exercise. My best finds there ever were 2600 "I want my Mommy" a couples years ago and Halloween six weeks ago, both for $1.

Never heard of Matt's Game Shop. Can you give some details?

John

I went to college in Santa Clara (which is pretty much just down the street) from 87-91 and I remember wandering in a couple of local goodwills and often seeing a couple of 2600's and games for sale. 'Course back then I never went for them. Doh!