IGNORED

Just wondering....

YarsRevengeFan

Well, when I first started collecting I was living near Boston (in Framingham, to be exact) and before that I lived in Connecticut for many years, and was born in New York. Does that count for anything?

Now I'm living again in Austin, Texas, after a brief (one year) stint on the West Coast in Mountain View, CA. Of all the places I've lived, none of them have been particularly great for thrifting or flea markets. But then, I didn't really spend too much time looking while I was in the silicon valley, and I had to drive by Atari's old headquarters on my way to work every day (and my girlfriend worked only a block away from 1195 Borregas Avenue). I just wish I had been there years ago when the 2600 market was thriving!

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by JohnnyWC:

I'm on the East Coast - Connecticut to be exact. Albert - what part of CT were you living in? I was in the Hartford area for a while and I'm now in Putnam (NE corner).

I was mostly in Southeastern Connecticut, having lived in New London and Waterford for many years. Also lived in Ledyard, Groton, Montville, and Norwich. At one point I worked in Branford (near New Haven) and rented a place right on the Branford/East Haven border (in East Haven.. *shudder*) At some point I had a job in Hartford (for about six months) and commuted back and forth to Groton every day, blech.

..Al

I was an east coast Atari fan... about 20 years ago. I lived in Pasadena, Maryland when I was very young, and that's also when my family got the Atari 2600 that I still have to this day.

I've been in Michigan now for about 17 or 18 years. I noticed there seems to be quite a bit of support in Ohio judging from the crowd at CCAG. Also, our very prolific Tempest is a Michigander, and I've seen at least two others here. (One wonders why there's been no gatherings in Detroit...)

At any rate, I'm not way up north, out west (relatively speaking), or overseas.

I'm from Las Vegas myself. It makes it really easy to get to the CGE show! I haven't found too many great deals in thrifts, but I did find the following in garage sales:

1. Atari 7800 (with joysticks), Atari 5200 (1 working joystick), 5200 track ball, all power supplies and connections, a few games - $15

2. TurboGrafx 16 boxed + boxed large joystick - $8

3. Commodore SX-64 boxed nearly mint - $35

4. Commodore 128, 2 drives, monitor, etc.. all boxed, plus a 486 PC - $20

We also have an awesome classic console store in one of our malls. Unfortunately it's a bit on the expensive side

- Adam

• 7 months later...

Boy you search for Virginia in the archives and you get some old posts. I'm in the Navy based out of Little Creek, VA but I live in Virginia Beach. Anyone that is in the area, please feel free to email and we can see about visiting. I love to have other collectors over to sit around and BS with. Not many of us around here and all I get are funny looks if I mention Atari usually

Alan

I am in the UK.

Here there is no point in going to the flea markets anymore. Havn't seen any Atari cartridges there for the last few years. The last time there were selling them for 25 pence each. I must have been the only one buying them. Do see a lot of jr consoles though and they sell them for a pound each. I got about 5 jr consoles, one of which is a short rainbow console and one of them still has the protective selophane over the silver bit.

I have to buy from Yahoo and Ebay now.

People on Ebay, stop outbidding me please. Its not like its the only one up for auction.

David