IGNORED

Fantasy carts

Krytol

quote:

Originally posted by Krytol:

Then there was the time I found this: (Tempest)

Yes! I always thought that game should use the driving controllers! (Especially considering the same programmer was responsible for Indy 500!)

It just gets me back on my rant over the stupidity of coming out with the Video Touch Pad and the Kid's Controller when they were functionally identical to the keyboards. Inconsistent strategy was the first nail in Atari's coffin!

[ 05-17-2002: Message edited by: room34 ]

Great fakes, Krytol! Especially like the actiplaque on the Blade Runner label. Nice touch.

I don't know if this qualifies as a "fantasy cart", but if I remember correctly, I think that Atari Age magazine once mentioned that they were developing a Superman II cart, based on the movie. That would've been an interesting game. I'm also kinda bummed that Parker Brother's Incredible Hulk game never made to the shelves. I keep hoping that a prototype will surface one day...

If we're talking strictly fantasy, I always wanted to see a cart based on an oddball movie I loved back in the day: Buckaroo Banzai: Across the Eighth Dimension. But then, I'm pretty weird.

[ 05-17-2002: Message edited by: duckandcover ]

My dream cartridge would be based on Conan the Barbarian, you would have to steal money and buy weapons like swords, climbing ropes, positions and other things, then you would go and try to enter Thulsa Dooms Mountain, fight and kill his men, then try to take out the man him self.

I had a dream that once at a freinds house I found 2 ultra rare games. I found Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2- Shiny green box with same label. I also found a chase the chuckwagon 2- same label except it had a 2 painted next to the dog. It was a good dream. I got them for free.

quote:

Originally posted by Krytol:

I dreamt I found this at a flea market -

a game based on the movie Blade Runner by, of all companies, Activision! Truly bizarre.

I found a copy of "A Clockwork Orange" for the NES once in a dream. Had a white cartridge, with an L-shaped handle.

Someday I think I might hack up the River City Ransom rom and turn it into ACO, and make myself a cartridge to go with it.

Someday I think I might hack up the River City Ransom rom and turn it into ACO, and make myself a cartridge to go with it.

A Clockwork Orange is probably my favorite book of all time (love the movie too of course)! Also River City Ransom is a damn good choice for a hack...Please make this happen!