IGNORED

Joystick preferance

Atarinvader

I prefer the Coleco Gemini joystick. Dual Command is it called? You would think I'd know...I use one every day. :-p

I'm still searching for a Y adapter that was inculded with the Gemini. The one that lets you plug in 4 sticks, to be used the correct way as paddles. If anyone has one for sale/trade please e-mail me.

Charlie

I prefer the Coleco Gemini joystick. Dual Command is it called? You would think I'd know...I use one every day. :-p

I'm still searching for a Y adapter that was inculded with the Gemini. The one that lets you plug in 4 sticks, to be used the correct way as paddles. If anyone has one for sale/trade please e-mail me.

Charlie

I keep thinking that it would be great to have a joystick/paddle in one so that Coleco gemini combo sounds nice. However, I found one once and it seemed so flimsy and cheap. Anyone try or use the Sears Video Arcade controllers? They are also a combo, but they look sturdier. How are they? Thanks -- RG

I think the combo sticks (both Gemini and Sears Arcade II) feel a bit flimsy. I prefer the rugged sturdiness of the classic Wico red bat joystick. I've got two that have been used for nearly 20 years, and they still work great! Supposedly, they used the same switches that arcade joysticks used. Built like a tank!

• 2 weeks later...

I like the regular Atari joysticks best.

They are the ones that i have that still work!

I bought a pair of those gemsticks new in boxes from Ebay.YUCK!I dunno how they can come out of the boxes broke,but it happened.

The diagnal controls are useless,like most 3rd party atari sticks I own.