IGNORED

Kung Fu Master-BAH!

The Piper

I just got Kung Fu Master from Ebay today for the Atari 2600.Words cannot describe what a terrible game this is.This was one of my favorites as a young kid on my NES.Playing it on the NES still is lots of fun.This game never never ever should have been made for Atari 2600!As much as I love Atari 2600,this game is pure ca-ca.

Kung Fu master on the 2600 has some great Graphics but the

Controlls and the Collision-Detection are terrible!!

When i really try hard and get used to the Controlls after

some time it´s even fun to play for a while...

But i could never reach Level 5, the first 4 Levels is all

i´ve seen of it so far...

I still think even on the 2600 it could have been done better, butit´s just disapointing!

I prefer to play the C64-Version!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Chris Federico:

Yeah, it's terrible. But then, I've never liked HI-YA! fighting games. And I've definitely never seen a decent one on the 2600.

Dude! Boxing rocks! the VCS used to woop my ass every time (well... still )

OsBo

The reason you'd want to get the Atari 2600 version of Kung Fu is merely to have it as part of a collection on how far the home game has progressed through the systems. That's why I'm going to collect the game for my 2600, since I'm eventually going to get a 7800.

How many Kung Fu games has there been across the systems? I can only count three (2600, 7800, and NES).

quote:

Originally posted by KAZ:

How many Kung Fu games has there been across the systems? I can only count three (2600, 7800, and NES).

Like Horax said, there is a Commodore 64 version as well,I'm not sure about any other.Maybe Amiga,ST,other home computers?anyone know?

Speaking of "Kung-Fu Master" I found the following information on http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Chamb...711/nes-kf.html :

"KUNG FU (Master)

Developed by Pony / Published Irem

DID YOU KNOW… that the old Arcade and NES classic KUNG FU MASTER is actually based on the Jackie Chan movie WHEELS on MEALS. You see, KUNG FU MASTER in Japan was titled SPARTAN X as was the movie WHEELS on MEALS. In the movie Jackie Chan plays the character THOMAS who with Yuen Biao (David) and Sammo Hung are in search of SYLVIA. The climax of the movie takes place inside a huge mansion where the 3 Brothers bust in and rescue the maiden fair (This is where the legendary fight between Jackie and Benny "The Jet" takes place). Now in the game SPARTAN X you play the role of THOMAS who must rescue his gal SYLVIA from MISTER X. You play through 5 floors of the Devil's Temple, save Sylvia, then repeat it all again only this time it is harder. The game and movie have very little in common aside from the names of the characters. Both the film and the game came out in 1984."

Simon

I always thought of Kung Fu Master as being the movie Game of Death. A movie that cashed in on the Bruce Lee fad after he was dead!!

Shots of Bruce in the begining of the film were of a Bruce Imitator... It is Bruce in the big scene at the end as he makes his way up the stairs to rescue his cousin. Every time he climbs up to the next level there is a new foe to face.... One of them is Kareem Abdul-Jabbar!!!!!!

Video of Game of Death