IGNORED

Considering selling Amiga/Howard kit + Mechtiles

Songbird

I'm considering selling my actual Amiga/Howard dev kit which does include the ability to build and test Lynx game ROMs. I haven't powered it up in a year or two since moving the bulk of my development to an Amiga emulator and the Lynx flash cart, but it is a fantastic and fully-functional kit. Also included is the complete source and rights to Mechtiles, which is an unfinished game I purchased from Beyond Games a number of years ago, and have no plans to ever complete myself. The game is not very far along, but the basic 3D engine (the same one from BW and CyberVirus) is functional. It could be a great hobby project for someone with more free time than I have. ;)

I would consider offers of $800 or more for this package, plus shipping. My preference would be to ship to a USA address, but feel free to contact me if you're overseas and we can discuss.

Please contact me via PM or email if interested. Thanks!

Re: Harry's comment - I think you can count on that. :) But at least the game engine does build as-is, so if someone is willing to spend the time to learn the code (like I did with CyberVirus), they'd at least have something to start with and could focus on implementing the gameplay elements instead of the engine itself. Definitely not for the novice programmer, though!

I can grab a couple screen shots and add them to this thread, but really there's not much of a game there so that's why it's never been described in detail. There is no story, no missions, etc. From the few graphics included in the game, it looks like a "giant mechs fight cybernetic dinos" game. :D

Re: Harry's comment - I think you can count on that. :) But at least the game engine does build as-is, so if someone is willing to spend the time to learn the code (like I did with CyberVirus), they'd at least have something to start with and could focus on implementing the gameplay elements instead of the engine itself. Definitely not for the novice programmer, though!

I can grab a couple screen shots and add them to this thread, but really there's not much of a game there so that's why it's never been described in detail. There is no story, no missions, etc. From the few graphics included in the game, it looks like a "giant mechs fight cybernetic dinos" game. :D

994545[/snapback]

That sounds like it had potential.

I would consider this from the Amiga standpoint, but really, me developing for the Lynx... LOL...

994545[/snapback]

Yes! It would be very cool if you could post a couple screen shots here! :D

That looks very nice indeed. I always figured Mech Tiles was a puzzle game as i've never seen any screens and there arn't any on the AA database either. At least these can be added now. I really hope somebody picks this project up (PLEASE!). I would do it myself if I knew Lynx programming better.

Edited by mr.kizza
  • Like 1

• 17 years later...

Yes, I still have Mechtiles including the complete 6502 assembly source. It's another variation of the Battlewheels 3D engine on the Lynx but maybe only 10% done. It's also probably 26th on my list of "things to do"; higher on the list would be Microvaders, Ultra Vortek (which is already 75% done), and proper sequels to Remnant and CyberVirus. Plus a few unannounced projects.

But hey, if an aspiring assembly programmer wants to help out on some of these, I'm open to discussion. :D

• Thanks 1

Very little. One "Mechtile" (dino robot) including art for all viewing angles, but that's the only new enemy. The other assets are all sky, clouds, ground, trees, etc. plus the cockpit overlay.

There are however some unused art assets from CyberVirus which I think would work well in a future sequel... :) 

On 1/20/2023 at 10:03 AM, Songbird said:

Yes, I still have Mechtiles including the complete 6502 assembly source. It's another variation of the Battlewheels 3D engine on the Lynx but maybe only 10% done. It's also probably 26th on my list of "things to do"; higher on the list would be Microvaders, Ultra Vortek (which is already 75% done), and proper sequels to Remnant and CyberVirus. Plus a few unannounced projects.

But hey, if an aspiring assembly programmer wants to help out on some of these, I'm open to discussion. :D

So, Songbird does plan to release Ultra Vortex for the Lynx in the far future?

• Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 9:54 AM, KidGameR186496 said:

So, Songbird does plan to release Ultra Vortex for the Lynx in the far future?

Yes. It just has to get to the top of the list. It's maybe position 5 or 6 in the queue right now.

I would say I hope it's "near future," but it's already been 20+ years so I won't do that. :D

• Like 2