IGNORED

Have The Germans Crack The Code Yet?

theprophet0

Hi!

There is no code you need to crack to backup your Jaguar CDs.

The only thing it takes is a good cd writer and a good software.

As Jaguar CDs are multisession audio, you need to copy them exacty as they are with error correction turned off. This is also why you need a good writer and a software that allows this, because any read error or corrected read error ruins the backup.

Regards, Lars.

Thanks very much for your fast response.

I have a new hp lite scribe burner. Alchy, Clone, Nero.

Basicly the original jag cd must prestine playing condition and I'm guessing alchy is the best program for doing this? DOA? Or breaking it down TOA style?

Are you the guy from the defunct jag yahoo group that was workin on a new jag cd game back in 2004?

Hi!

Actually I would suggest NTI cd maker. I never saw a program that could copy all kind of cds so easily and it does JagCDs perfectly for me.

You might also get it done with other programs too, but I never had much luck with others. At least not if you want a perfect copy.

I am working on new Jag games, but I don't know the group you are reffering to I think.

By following the link in my signature you get to the site of my upcoming graphics adventure project for the Jaguar and other systems.

Regards, Lars.

I did all my backups with an old version of CloneCD, the one where you could set all the parameters.

I also made a recent backup of a newly bought CD, and used the recent version (with all-automatic thingie) and it went OK.

The only trouble I have is with Primal Rage, probably because the disk is a little scratched (I bought it used)

Hi!

Actually I would suggest NTI cd maker. I never saw a program that could copy all kind of cds so easily and it does JagCDs perfectly for me.

You might also get it done with other programs too, but I never had much luck with others. At least not if you want a perfect copy.

I am working on new Jag games, but I don't know the group you are reffering to I think.

By following the link in my signature you get to the site of my upcoming graphics adventure project for the Jaguar and other systems.

Regards, Lars.

995749[/snapback]

I agree with Starcat, NTI is the best copier for JagCD's or any other. I used to use an old version of CloneCD, but lost it when my HD crashed at one point, and I could not find that version any longer. New versions of CloneCD are shit and won't copy JagCD's or many other cd's; it's all from a legal problem that required them to "dumb down" Clonecd.

Hi

Just out of interest I was just wondering what settings you used on NTI to get a back up. I've tried using the copy cd function on NTI CD/DVD Maker 7 and haven't managed to get a single attempt to work on the CD I was trying to copy (Baldies). One attempt got me to the intro, but that was it. Do you need to do it track at once or session at once? Or do you need to copy it as seperate audio files?

Thanks for any advice

Thomas

Hi!

If the CD boots flawlessy and even plays the cinepak correctly, you are close to a good copy already. I would assume it's rather a problem of your JagCD or the media you use.

I never had to change any settings. Juse select "copy disc" that's all I need to select.

Regards, Lars.

I managed to get the boot up sequence after switching from an old 52x CDROM to a newer DVD RW drive, with the CD being written on a fairly new USB writer, before I did this I wasn't getting anywhere, so it may be down to the drive. I've been using Imation CDRs which I've always found to be pretty reliable, but it might be worth trying a different brand. Thanks for the tip.