IGNORED

Supplementing your collecting?

chrisr

I've noticed that there are a number of thigs that I see selling well on ebay that I see at fleas all the time. I usually pick them up to sell, to help put a dent in my drug habbit (well it feels like a drug habbit.. very expensive to collect atari Does anyone else do this? It all started when I was trying to pick up some classic fights that are only available on film. WHenever there is a big ppv fight, I have a boxing party and thought it would be nice to start the party out with a marciano or lewis fight. I was looking for the fights on ebay and noticed that projectors do well on ebay (as long as they are fully working) and started buying them and selling them on ebay. I've since given up becuase more than 50% of them get trashed because the bulbs are blown.

Chris

I've thought about doing this, but I'm pretty bad about buying things and then not getting around to selling them. This is especially true for game-related items. I have so much excess classic gaming hardware and software that I am being buried in it! So I can't consider "supplementing" my collecting habit until I get rid of all that stuff first.

..Al

So far my Atari collection has been feeding on the decaying remains of another hobby...

I am selling off some of my CD collection on eBay (not as into the obscure early '70s progressive rock as I was in college) and using the proceeds to buy Atari stuff!

[ 05-22-2002: Message edited by: room34 ]

quote:

Originally posted by Atariken64:

my dad owns several dozen boxing tapes from the 30s- to he 60-s maybe i could help you out lemme know

Yes! I have many modern fights on tape I could trade him for as well. Also, ask him if he has

Ike Ibeabucci VS David Tua on tape. I'm dying to get a copy of that fight.

Chris

Started collecting modern systems before I knew what I was doing/aiming for (now it is to own one of every NTSC system ever releaesd in the US commercially). As I collected, I got into arcade machines, which I subsequently had to learn to fix (there is a reason they are not in the arcades anymore!). Then the idea to fix one and sell it came to me.......

4 years and 300 arcade machines later, I could afford the home collection I always wanted. I am also lucky enough to have a few arcades, too!

I do hit the flea markets and e-bay items. I am pretty good about not keeping them, as long as they are not Atari. Once they hit my office, they never seem to leave.

Cassidy