IGNORED

Jaks Paddle Review

carpecarne

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Speaking of which, I haven't forgotten about my idea of making the one-player version into a two-player version through some jumper changes and adding an external paddle. My two jobs and my other obligations have just kept me from taking up my digital camera or my soldering iron recently, but I'll get to it soon.

So have you actually done the modification?

I'm quite interested. ;)

• 3 years later...

Great review! Sorry I didn't read all of the comments right now, but this Plug-In looks awesome. I've never seen one in a store, but I'll start looking. I have Warlords on the Flashback 2, I just need to fix my paddles first :) Circus would be sweet, and I'd pick it up for that if nothing else.

I couldn't agree more about the craptastic Intellivision plug and play. All of the games on it sucked except for MAYBE that adventure game.

Great review! Sorry I didn't read all of the comments right now, but this Plug-In looks awesome. I've never seen one in a store, but I'll start looking. I have Warlords on the Flashback 2, I just need to fix my paddles first :) Circus would be sweet, and I'd pick it up for that if nothing else.

I couldn't agree more about the craptastic Intellivision plug and play. All of the games on it sucked except for MAYBE that adventure game.

There are actually 2 versions of the Jakks paddle. I see the one player version fairly routinely in thrift stores, but have only seen the 2 player one once (when I bought mine).

I absolutely love the Jakks paddles! Great recreation. My only complaint other than lack of titles is that the winning "beep" in Arcade Pong is a little too long for my taste. I'm really nit-picking but compared to how the original hardware made a scoring quick beep, the Jakks seem to take forever. Trust me, this is about the only complaint there is with these.

And I thought I would share a little project I made a while back using the Jakks paddles. Good for a chuckle and still a huge hit at my parties. Baby Pong

• 4 months later...

I opened up the 2 player version, hoping to see a couple more sets of solder joints for 3 and 4 players for Warlords and Video Olympics, to no avail :(

The arcade Warlords is damn near identical to the arcade. The computer is a bit easier in the later levels, but I have a perfect idea for this and a Jakk's 12 in 1 Namco plug n play once I get an empty arcade cabinet (Being that 2 player warlords cabinets are stand up).

Definitely worth the money if you can find it.