Several Lynx developers have expressed their desire to contribute to a Lynx multicart for 2006, and Songbird has agreed to sponsor the project. Here are the details:
1. The multicart needs at least 3 "main" (not necessarily large) games to make it worthwhile. Other demos/gizmos like sound tools, 3D demos, smaller games, etc. may be acceptable to fill up the ROM, but will not be the highlight of the multicart.
2. Everyone who contributes at least one program on the final multicart will receive a complimentary cartridge upon publication.
3. There will be a pool of USD$500 to sponsor the games. Everyone who contributes a "main" game on the final multicart will receive a one-time payment of at least USD$100. If we have too many submissions (a good problem to have ), then a second multicart will be developed after the first one is published.
4. By allowing your program on the multicart, you hereby agree that Songbird Productions receives exclusive worldwide distribution rights. This means you cannot sell, distribute, or publish these programs apart from Songbird. However, you would be allowed to retain the source code, graphics, and audio, so you can certainly create future games based on these efforts (even sequels) without restriction.
5. Songbird Productions and/or the Lynx developer list will provide testing and feedback on each program. Therefore fixes and enhancements may need to be made to some programs prior to acceptance on the multicart.
6. All programs must be free from obscenity, pornography, excessive violence, or other material deemed objectionable by Songbird Productions.
7. All programs must be original works free from any third party copyright infringements.
8. A menu and minimal game standards (such as reserved RAM, handling reset buttons, etc.) need to be developed. Karri has taken the lead on this currently, but suggestions are welcome.
9. Final program submissions are due June 1, 2006. A beta version of each program should be submitted to Songbird Productions at least one month in advance, to allow time for test and feedback. Additional changes may be needed beyond the June 1 deadline to make the program compatible with the multicart.
So, I need to know if you have a program you would like to contribute to the multicart. Once I know what the list of candidate programs is, I will determine which games will be the main attractions and let everyone know this. Then I will need confirmation you want your program on the multicart.
The confirmed list of games/apps for MegaPak vol. 1:
Chopper X - James
High Roller - Tony
Parafly - Sampo
Password - Karri
Sketch - Chris
SoundTool - Karri
Blackjack - Pastel Spirits
The expected release date for MegaPak vol. 1 is January 2008!
Games which could appear on MegaPak vol. 2:
Picross - Chris
Squared - Cooper
Tetranoid - Frederic & Sebastien
Long live the Lynx!
Edited by Songbird, Thu Dec 6, 2007 4:47 PM.