IGNORED

Where Can I Find a 10 Input S-Video Selector?

Saccharin

If you like your video out to be of high quality, rather than spending bucks in switchers (do you really need to have 8 to 10 video systems hooked at the same time?) why don't you get a RGB able TV or monitor and AV-mod your systems into RGB? or better, component?

Most systems are capable of it, either right from the start (All the Sega consoles, and the PS1, 2 and 3 are fitted with RGB video at the video output, even the US models) or with modding (the US N64 can output RGB, the Super Nintendo have RGB at the video output and can be modded for component video if I remember right; there is the NES RGB board for the NES to output S-video and RGB). Only the Atari 2600 and 7800 are physically restricted to S-video at the most for now.

If you are skilled in electronics or know someone that is into this... or if you wanna learn about basic electronics, then, go that way. (There are video mods all around the net, so you wo'nt even need to learn about calculations - it's just soldering skills).

Edited by CatPix

To the OP, why are you using S-Video on devices like your DVD recorder, satellite box, S-VHS player, etc? Those devices are new enough that they will have component video which is FAR better than S-Video. I would use a component video switchbox to switch between those modern devices that have component video which gives you 480p/720p/1080i and s-video for the older modded composite systems that can't do component output. I have seen component video on really nice HD CRT tvs right up through the mid 2000's so you still will get that rich CRT experience if that is what you desire.

But doing s-video when component video is an option seems rather pointless unless you really are using a DVD recorder on an old 19" from the eighties. LOL

unless you have to have more than one component on at a time, then you don't really need a switch. I used to have switches (pelican, good IMO) but it finally hit me that I didn't actually use multiple devices at once, I just needed to hook them up at once, so instead of a switch, I just bought a bunch of RCA jack boards from radioshack and soldered them together.

Works fine, and unless your talking a really long cord, it won't degrade the signal unless you messed something up (or try running two devices at once, that can be fun)

Of course, the switch box is the easiest, even if you have to get se3veral and daisychain them.