IGNORED

Show pictures of your collection.

Ross PK

I ripped it from a youtube video: http://youtu.be/VTdT8DB5Yd8 The music is from a Czech programmer.

I appreciate the electronic music link, however, I was initially interested in knowing who played the guitar-oriented instrumental that was in your first video ( http://youtu.be/DL1cscEFEMA ). Thanks, again!

I appreciate the electronic music link, however, I was initially interested in knowing who played the guitar-oriented instrumental that was in your first video ( http://youtu.be/DL1cscEFEMA ). Thanks, again!

Ah okay. Did not get that. That piece of music I also found on youtube. More info about the musician can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/franklyn777/zybex-by-franklyn

A few ones from my personal set-up (prior to upgrading to DVDO iScan HD+), and some tests on my HomeTheater setup:

Personal Setup:

attachicon.gif_1D38291-web.jpg attachicon.gif_1D38281-web.jpg

Home-theater setup (this w.i.p., under testing):

attachicon.gif_1D38197-web.jpg attachicon.gif_1D38194-web.jpg

Depending on other developments (like Incognito), my JM-800 may end in my home-theater (no need for external storage/drives, etc.), instead, and my 800XLs confined to my personal space, because of their little footprint.

We'll see.

Awesome setup - modern convenience of flash, while still keeping floppies around. I like how that iScan box matches the SDrive NUXX. (and nice little metal toggle switches)

That looks like a kick-ass VCR too.

Edited by Mr.Amiga500

Awesome setup - modern convenience of flash, while still keeping floppies around. I like how that iScan box matches the SDrive NUXX. (and nice little metal toggle switches)

That looks like a kick-ass VCR too.

Thanks!

Since then a few changes have taken place (mostly driven by my latest DVDO units, iSCAN HD/HD+, as well as Incognito).

Consequently, I made a few changes, which I consider truly enjoyable:

post-29379-0-57894800-1381598534_thumb.jpg

Boy, the Incognito/800 is a really NICE combo...

As for the VCR, that's a Sony SLV-R1000, which is a SuperVHS unit, with pretty nice electronics and on-board image processing. To this day, this deck does not cease to impress me, especially when outputting over 430+ vertical lines of resolution, over its sVideo interface + Dvdo iScan Vp50pro processor, (from Avia reference source).

Have a few other analog and digital video decks (not just for simple collector's reasons, but for family archival purposes, as I have inherited and collected high-value Beta, VHS, Video8 and MiniDV material along the years). Sony SuperBeta SL-HF750, and Sony DSR-11 professional DVcam decks are some examples (all with low usage and pristine condition).

Enjoy!

• Like 4

• 5 years later...

Where did you get your Atari mouse pad? I was searching for one on eBay and Amazon and even Google the other day with no results. All that came up were custom places where you send in a picture and they turn it into a mouse pad, but I don't want to have to go through all that. I don't want exactly what you have, just something Atari related that I like.

Here ya go!

Thanks for the link Mr. Robot, this is exactly what I was looking for; a selection to choose from and nothing required from my end but money! I guess it didn't come up in my searches because I call them mouse pads and he calls them mats. :? If nothing had come up with "mouse pads" I might have tried re-wording my search...which I did, but still using pad instead of mat. To me a mat is something you step on, not use with a mouse.

Edited by Gunstar

• 1 month later...

I decided to take a new picture of my modest Atari system since it has been a while and a lot has changed (not showing my "new" 800 & 810, just my XL side). In the same soft lighting I am used to using under.

post-149-0-60698400-1546148106_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

The Miami Herald's collection & Toys'R'Us in Sunnyvale. Oh, and that one department store...

You know, as much as I loved seeing actual Atari items for sale in mass market stores, I can’t help remembering how disappointed I was when I saw A8 software for sale in places like Toys ‘R Us: almost everything was 2 or more years old, on 16k carts, and limited to offerings by Atari, Activision, or something like Sirius. Not what I wanted to play as a 12 y.o. In 1984...

I decided to take a new picture of my modest Atari system since it has been a while and a lot has changed (not showing my "new" 800 & 810, just my XL side). In the same soft lighting I am used to using under.

I like the mouse. Great idea.

Allan

• Like 1

I like the mouse. Great idea.

Allan

It all started with that mouse as far as my aesthetic customization of peripherals and controllers. The STM1's wedge shape matches up just as well with the XL line as the ST and, ahem, XE line, except for the color.

So I decided about a decade ago to paint my STM1 mouse to match my XL, since I was using it with the XL and ATOS & MyIDE+flash hooked up to a laptop HDD I installed in an SF314 case, back then.

Then later on, after noting that the XEGM gave the XE line gray CX40 joysticks and seeing a picture of 400/800 prototype CX40's beige in color, I said "why not the XL line." Then came the paddles and third party hardware (only if they needed to be repainted anyway).

It was all building up inside me for years because I started out with a 130XE and until like '87 there wasn't even a disk drive for the line and no XE tape decks were sold in North America, so I had to choose 810/1050/3rd party and 410/1010/3rd party, etc,.

XL peripherals were always cheaper than the new XE peripherals so I had a mixed system (not to mention the monitor) for so long, being "poor" (I payed for it all with paper route and part-time jobs, my parents were never interested in helping) and hated that it looked like various odds and ends "patch-work" system instead of a uniform system like my Apple II and C64 friends had.

So when I upgraded from my 130XE to an upgraded 1200XL in the early 2000's, I've been keeping a matching system ever since, including making things match, if they looked terrible and had to be redone anyway.

By the way, FlashJazzcat said the same thing when he saw a picture of my mouse on Atari Sector. :thumbsup:

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 2

Hi,

What model is that Dell LCD?

Does it work well as far as not distorting/stretching the image in any way?

How do you have it connected to you Atari? S-video, Converter box to vga? or?

Thanks

It's a 2001FP. It has an S-Video port, which is how the Atari is connected. I chose it because it also syncs down to 15khz on the VGA port, which makes it compatible with the Atari ST's native color signal.

• Like 3

Hi All, this seemed like an appropriate place to post an Atari pic for tonight. I finally got around to testing 4 drives ( 2 810s and 2 1050s ) I've had sitting on my shelf for 5 years ( shame on me ). I _think_ one of the 810's has a Happy mod?? Here's a pic. I'm anxious to play with it if that is indeed what it is. All the drives seemed to work with a regular atari boot disk.

post-35051-0-55106400-1546656509_thumb.jpg