• I like it.
    • It's okay.
    • Neither here nor there.
    • It's not very good.
    • I don't care for it.
    • I hate it!
    • I don't have a job.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I put down that it's ok, because I love my job but it is just too hard. I'm worn out. I'm up to 174 students now and it takes me forever to grade things (plus, only about 10 percent of my students are at or above grade level, so it takes longer to teach everything too). I'm working till 8-11 every night and at least one full day every weekend. In addition, I am team leader and department head, despite the fact that I am the youngest teacher in both of those groups. My department has just decided that the grammar books suck, so they have asked me to rewrite them for next year. Plus, my principal went to some fabulous training and wants me to be the point person to "enact schoolwide change" for next year. Basically, tons and tons of extra work and extra stress and not an extra penny in pay. Fabtabulous. I need to teach for two more years to qualify for retirement, but I'm pretty sure I won't make it that long.

Recently got hired for another grocery store job. Still, the work is easy, even if the hours are taxing (work till closing one day and then get have to get up for the store opening the next day--you find out how much you can do on 4 hours of sleep).

It's work I've done before, and the pay is good. And the exercise will help me lose the weight I've gained from 1 and a half years of unemployment (intersperced with the occasional job here and there).

Recently got hired for another grocery store job. Still, the work is easy, even if the hours are taxing (work till closing one day and then get have to get up for the store opening the next day--you find out how much you can do on 4 hours of sleep).

1018630[/snapback]

I have to work hours a couple times a week that are similar. Get off work at 10pm and go back in at 6am. That's why i'll leave an hour early at 9pm, go home, and take a couple Tylenol PM tablets so I can get as much sleep as possible. I absolutely despise working the morning shift, but i've been forced to do it between two to four times a week by my Kroger store's management.

I'm one of the two (so far) that voted "I Hate My Job". I have no enthusiasm for the job anymore, they have systematically ground down my ability to feel happiness at work and any job satisfaction that I might have felt. I've been abused for all these long years, but I have no self-esteem and I stay there. It's pretty unhealthy, I know. It's kind of a Stockholm Syndrome kind of thing.

It's Okay

I was a newspaper reporter, but I was working 75 miles from home (90-min each way). I loved that job, but I took a "promotion" to work as an assistant editor for a paper less than 15 min. away.

I don't like the job as much, but the money's better, the commute is non-exiatant and I'm close enough that I can leave to catch the kids' soccer games and whatnot.

But just talking about "the job," I spend too much time staring at a computer screen or writing fluff pieces for the food section.

I'm retired, so I can't really say much.

1019025[/snapback]

Retired?? They let people retire in Canada? :ponder::D

photo-7107.jpg

You don't look old enough to be retired. ;)

I admit, I am a mercenary. I don't really hate my job but I wouldn't do it in my spare time either. Word of advice: Don't work for a utility company in a Hurricane prone area. 65 Hour work weeks get old.

I love programming, but I dread going into my office every day. I want another job, but to do what I love I need more experience. I can't get that experience in my office, and I hardly have the time after work to do anything on my own, though I am trying. Catch 22

I love my job..

it primarly consists of moving beer from one location to another and eventually putting it in some form of packaging.

Hoses are large , bluky and cumbersome..

kegs.. are heavy

machinery needs constant maintece..

standard work uniform is a pair of rubber boots that wiegh about 25lbs together. along with thermal under wear in the winter, and shorts in the summer.

My "office" is the coldests wettest place in the building.. cleaning everything with 170degree water poses the risk of scalding.. but also 20 minutes of steam doesn't warm up a room.. it just makes it "clammy"

giving tours of a micro brewery to people who want to know what "beech wood age'n" meens

broken glass.. can cut you in a nannosecond.. and there is always some piece you haven't found.. and will bite you when you least expect it

you are either the coolest guy in the world.. or the source of all the worlds social ills..

hangovers are not only common , but completly acceptable and a normal course of work place discusion.

people fram all over the world come to visit you ( today, Denmark ) and ask to chat with you by name. apperntly I'm a celeberty of sorts..

the commute is less than five minutes.

the pay is decent, but off set by loads of free beer and comping all over town, Health insurance for me and spouce eat up profit trends, our HMO sucks

over all I'm very pleased with my job, I get to mix my loves of beer, machinery and technology all in one.

if I were to do anything else..it would be to assume packaging operations at a diffrent more advanced brewery, or start up a company that refurbs old brewing equipment, for sale/rental to the industry

I work for GM and the work is fine and all, but the one thing I never liked is that the upper managment love to keep secrets like the CIA, these assholes get a kick out of knowing stuff that will affect you, but dont want to tell you anything untill it is too late for you to do anything about it.

:roll: :roll: :x

I love it. I'm a TA and a Graduate Writing Tutor at the University's writing centre. Between the two I work 30 hours a week (actually, I only do any work for about 23) and make more than enough to pay the bills, pay tuition, and fund my mad gaming habit. It helps that my University has the lowest tuition in Canada (lowest in North America I think), and that I am grossly overpayed for the work I do. Still, the writing centre job is the best job I'm ever likely to have (I can't picture a better one, even if they paid me to play games), and the TA job is pretty light work (I'm paid for 10 hours a week, and probably only have to do 3 hours a week).

Edited by Atarifever

Imagine PC World, a UK store which shifts boxes of PCs to unwitting and confused people. You want to check email? Have an all-singing media centre PC with everything. Oh - and here's the helpline number.

Now imagine the bloke on the end of said helpline when they call up 20 mins later because they can't figure out where the big 3-pin plug marked '240V AC' goes.

That's me, that is. I've hit every cliche apart from being outsourced (which happens in the next 2 months aparrently).

going back to university in september though to study software engineering and hopefully create something.

Got some projects going in my spare time (testing wierd stuff, writing games, 8-bit coding of course) - but work wipes me out.

I'd love something where I can either do what I want to be doing during the working day or would settle for at least being able to have a job where i have energy left when i wander off home to do my own projects.

I like my job for the most part Im a School bus driver The route I have is good have a good kids but the BS around it is bad No Bennies cuz I was hired after a certain date yrs ago and a difference in pay and now My boss is on my back cuz I now Leg. qualify for the benefits and he cut my hours down just enough to not get em safe to say its time to put the applications out

1996 and < 20hrs a week gets Bennies and higher pay (bassically all gotem)

1997 and > 30hrs a week Noone gets 30hrs and lesser pay

your not informed of this deal when hired

Edited by HatNJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...