IGNORED

How many unique 2600 titles do you have?

General Atarian

Heck if I know.. all of my games bought in the 70's and 80's are 7000 miles away in my closet! As far as here and now, the games I've gotten over the past couple of years (which were nice and cheap as opposed to my original collection) fill up about 2 of those sterilite bins. Thats about it

160+ not including doubles. Not including doubles and the 60 games my "friend" borrowed from me several years ago and can't find them....

If I didn't spend several thousand a year collecting vintage synths/keyboards and new sysnthesizers, as well as music recording gear ( I have a music studio) I would have a hell of a lot more games...

I can ad a few more to my list now, I should be recieving copies of Venture II & MST 3000 from Snider man, and a sealed copy of Custers Revenge from Cassidy. And the collection just keeps on getting bigger and bigger.

:D :shock: :shock:

253 atari 2600 carts not counting any variations or doubles.

26 different titles from Sears Tele-Games.

+2 4-in-1 activision carts from Australia.(pal).

and 2 prototypes

-there are probably a few more carts lying around,and over my friends house.

I didnt even know I had over 200 till I just counted them.

I can recognize a game I have or need on sight anyway,lol.

I've got 35-45 unique 2600 carts -- I sold off a shoe-box of commons about 6 months ago. Already got some of them back. I've got at least a dozen boxed titles. I'm particularly proud of the HES version of Double Dragon, where I scored the box first, then picked up the cart. Also, there's my copy of Gunfight with the label I designed plus a few other recent releases. And my boxed, complete, Star Voyager with the keypad controller. At least I think it's Star Voyager.

However, since I bought Cuttle Cart Underground I now have access to about 600 titles (including demos, programming examples, protos, etc).

Now I just need to do an S-Video or Composite mod to my PAL 2600jr so the picture is worth looking at.

Thing is, there isn't a scene for this sort of stuff around where I live. There's maybe a dozen of us in the whole state that do any sort of secondhand electronic gaming thing. Stuff is rare, but you rarely have to pay more than a few dollars for it. I've picked up Game and Watches for 50 cents, tabletop VFD games for $1. Atari 2600 stuff is only really found by the bag. The last time I went to THE local collectors fair it was full of Star Wars merchandise and comics. I found ONE video game -- Sonic Adventure for the Sega Saturn, which I bought for A$10 (~US$5).

Now that Winter is setting in, the open-air swapmeets are getting rained out. While the undercover ones are more or less filled with dealers who just aren't interested in computer games -- unless, of course, they're pirated playstation games. Sigh.

I've had to also start collecting "Gamebooks" -- Choose Your Own Adventure and Fighting Fantasy -- just for something to buy. Interestingly I've found both a Sonic the Hedgehog and a Mario/Nintendo gamebook. I didn't even know they existed. Shame Atari never really had a mascot.