IGNORED

Odyssey 2...Why are the roms so hard to find?

Lord Helmet

• 2 years later...

Hey guys thanks for the roms. But I think one reason they're hard to find that hasn't been mentioned is the fact that there really isn't a very good O2 emulator, at least as far as I know. I know MESS is starting to support it and there's O2EM but both leave quite a bit to be desired, at least in my opinion. If anyone knows of a really good O2 emulator I'd love to hear about it...

God knows that's the truth. O2EM is a pain (command line only?) and the one-and-only frontend I could find for it refuses to run (maybe it's a Vista thing?). I could probably get the darn thing working if I spent more time with it but, frankly, it's not worth the bother.

The support in MESS has got a lot better since O2EM came out. I added support a year or two back for a lot of roms and some guy very recently did a TON of work on the O2 driver.

I have yet to try these new changes but supposedly it puts mess on par w/ O2EM.

~telengard

I just downloaded and installed Mess .125 and yes it's a lot better at O2 emulation than previous versions. Haven't done extensive testing but that much was obvious after trying only 2 roms.

Thanks for all the good work done on this version and I hope you continue working on O2 support in Mess.

Edited by rxd

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys thanks for the roms. But I think one reason they're hard to find that hasn't been mentioned is the fact that there really isn't a very good O2 emulator, at least as far as I know. I know MESS is starting to support it and there's O2EM but both leave quite a bit to be desired, at least in my opinion. If anyone knows of a really good O2 emulator I'd love to hear about it...

No kidding. I ended up using the O2 emulator for the DC...no sound support :(

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the ROM links guys!

I highly recommend GameEx (http://www.gameex.net/) as a front end for O2EM.

I've been using it for years in my arcade cabinet to run everything from MAME to console games including Odyssey2 to PC games to Karaoke... you name it!

It's a really robust front end yet has a clean and intuitive interface that works great with a joystick and a couple of buttons. And most important of all it wasn't a pain in the ass to get up and running!

• Like 1

• 4 years later...