Photo

Lynx Game Cases

9 replies to this topic

#1 King_Salamon OFFLINE  

King_Salamon

River Patroller

• 2,293 posts

Posted Fri Mar 3, 2006 8:00 PM

I'm wondering if there were ever individual Lynx Game Cases for carrying Single Lynx carts around? I've seen cases for the GameBoys... GameGears... even the Nintendo DS has cases for single carts now. Was there anything like this for Lynx Carts?

If not, what do you use to carry your carts in when you're on the go? I was thinking of some sports card holders but they are alot bigger than the carts and they'd rattle alot.

#2 Agent X OFFLINE  

Agent X

Dragonstomper

• 781 posts
  • Fortune Hunter

Posted Fri Mar 3, 2006 8:52 PM

I'm wondering if there were ever individual Lynx Game Cases for carrying Single Lynx carts around?  I've seen cases for the GameBoys... GameGears... even the Nintendo DS has cases for single carts now.  Was there anything like this for Lynx Carts?

If not, what do you use to carry your carts in when you're on the go?  I was thinking of some sports card holders but they are alot bigger than the carts and they'd rattle alot.

View Post

There were never official "cartridge holders" for Lynx cards, like there were for Game Boy or Game Gear cartridges.

If I'm traveling with my Lynx, I carry my Lynx pouch (the official one from Atari). It has two small pockets on the front, and I can fit five game cards in each pocket.

A long time ago, I read reports that the Nintendo Game Boy cartridge holders (the ones that were packaged with earlier Game Boy game cartridges) would neatly contain two Lynx game cards. I just tried it for the first time a few minutes ago and...it's absolutely true! That might be a good choice for you, as long as you've got no qualms about carrying Lynx cards in Nintendo-branded holders. :)

#3 King_Salamon OFFLINE  

King_Salamon

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,293 posts

Posted Fri Mar 3, 2006 9:22 PM

Interesting indeed! Sounds good to me... I also found some sites selling Atari Lynx Wallets which hold 9 games in them... really cool! I'd hate to have them in the boxes when not in use as the more you open and close the boxes, the more they get banged up.

Thanks for the info!

#4 walter_J64bit OFFLINE  

walter_J64bit

Quadrunner

• 5,003 posts

Posted Sat Mar 4, 2006 10:32 PM

I use the Nintendo Game Boy cartridge holders and yes you can put two Lynx cards in one Game Boy cartridge holder ! :D

#5 xubidoo OFFLINE  

xubidoo

Star Raider

• 55 posts

Posted Mon Mar 6, 2006 10:56 PM

i also use Nintendo Gameboy cases ,ive managed to fit my Lynx + 34 games in a Lynx carry case :) ,12 games at the top in the compartments and the rest in GB cases inside the lynx case ,is ratehr heavy but is good being able to carry all my games with me in 1 case.

#6 Songbird OFFLINE  

Songbird

Stargunner

• 1,500 posts

Posted Tue Mar 7, 2006 8:23 AM

I also found some sites selling Atari Lynx Wallets which hold 9 games in them... really cool!

View Post

Yes, my site (Songbird) has the Lynx wallets you mention, and also a few units left of the custom-made Lynx carrying case, too. See my website for details.

#7 Valdez76 OFFLINE  

Valdez76

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:24 PM

Yes, my site (Songbird) has the Lynx wallets you mention, and also a few units left of the custom-made Lynx carrying case, too. See my website for details.

I went to your site and ordered Double Dragon and Raiden which I have been looking to add to my collection. Do you know when you will have the custom made cases? I have a total of 30 games and would like a nice way to admire and pull out the games and play them. 

#8 Umberto ONLINE  

Umberto

Moonsweeper

• 263 posts

Posted Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:13 PM

I went to your site and ordered Double Dragon and Raiden which I have been looking to add to my collection. Do you know when you will have the custom made cases? I have a total of 30 games and would like a nice way to admire and pull out the games and play them. 

Old thread

#9 CGQuarterly OFFLINE  

CGQuarterly

River Patroller

• 4,856 posts
  • Editor - Classic Gaming Quarterly

Posted Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:42 PM

Holy necrobump, batman.

#10 Songbird OFFLINE  

Songbird

Stargunner

• 1,500 posts

Posted Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:52 AM

Yeah, sorry, I sold out of those cases about 10 years ago. :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users