IGNORED

Just got a Vectrex! Questions..

elviticus

Hi, just got a Vectrex - swe-e-e-t! Seems that everything works fine, but all I have to test with is the built in Minestorm... Does this use button 1?

All the others check out - 2,3,4 for hyperspace, thrust and fire. 1 does nothing, but I'm not sure if it's supposed to.

What's a good game to really test it out - I have a multi-cart on the way.

1030757[/snapback]

Why, Protector/YASI, of course! It's also the best homebrew game on the system, and easily up to the standards of official Vectrex releases. Best of all, it's only $15. How could you resist?

JR

1030757[/snapback]

Why, Protector/YASI, of course! It's also the best homebrew game on the system, and easily up to the standards of official Vectrex releases. Best of all, it's only $15. How could you resist?

JR

1030795[/snapback]

I don't think I WILL be able to resist!

However, for this month, I'll probably have to - WAY over my game budget. sad:

Congrats on getting a Vectrex! It's a great machine, one that shouldn't have had such a short shelf life. I second Y.A.S.I./Protector as a must-buy cartridge. It's a really well programmed and fun couple of games. I'm not one for Space Invaders anymore (burnt out on it with the Atari 2600 version back in the day), but Protector is a really fantastic Defender clone.

Hi, just got a Vectrex - swe-e-e-t!  Seems that everything works fine, but all I have to test with is the built in Minestorm...  Does this use button 1?

All the others check out - 2,3,4 for hyperspace, thrust and fire.  1 does nothing, but I'm not sure if it's supposed to.

1030757[/snapback]

Button 1 does nothing.

Fortunately, 4 is the problem key. Something about being the official fire button, and thus the most-used key in all games.

If it works, it's almost guaranteed that they all do.

Most Vectrex games used the buttons on the right as primary buttons since it's easier to hit them with your thumb when hold the controller in your hands. It's a little counter-intuitive, but makes this easier to play for the most part. It's a bit of a stretch to reach button 1 with your thumb.

--Zero