28 replies to this topic

#1 SalemFrost7800 OFFLINE  

SalemFrost7800

Dragonstomper

• 870 posts

Posted Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:09 AM

...Scroll down for details

Jaws2600.JPG

Edited by SalemFrost7800, Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:18 AM.

#2 Atari Dogs OFFLINE  

Atari Dogs

Stargunner

• 1,532 posts

Posted Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:45 PM

Cool!!! A hack of Fishing Derby.

#3 SalemFrost7800 OFFLINE  

SalemFrost7800

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 870 posts

Posted Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:51 PM

Actually I had another idea in mind but I have not had the time to sit down and start the hack. I will try to get started this weeked now that EVIL DEAD 2 is pretty much done (just needs a few tweaks).

#4 Atari Dogs OFFLINE  

Atari Dogs

Stargunner

• 1,532 posts

Posted Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:01 AM

Actually I had another idea in mind but I have not had the time to sit down and start the hack. I will try to get started this weeked now that EVIL DEAD 2 is pretty much done (just needs a few tweaks).

Just joking. I guess this game is now titled Jaws 3.

#5 SalemFrost7800 OFFLINE  

SalemFrost7800

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 870 posts

Posted Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:11 AM

Just joking. I guess this game is now titled Jaws 3.

Well I actually had a couple ideas for JAWS UNLEASHED that I plan to work on, the idea for JAWS 3 just kinda hit me the other day when I was talking with someone about the movie.

#6 SalemFrost7800 OFFLINE  

SalemFrost7800

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 870 posts

Posted Wed Jun 7, 2006 1:08 PM

I have finally figured out how I want to do JAWS UNLEASHED 2600 and I hope to start work on it this weekend....

#7 SalemFrost7800 OFFLINE  

SalemFrost7800

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 870 posts

Posted Fri Jun 9, 2006 8:03 PM

Here is JAWS UNLEASHED 2600 I plan on working on the sound a bit although I don't know if I can achieve the JAWS Theme but if anyone wants to help that would be great, also I plan to change a few colors. I also have not thought of a cool ending yet but I am working on that and am open for suggestions!!!

It's Feeding Time!!!

And YOU ARE THE SHARK, swim around in the waters of Amity and eat swimming victims but watch out Quint is shooting harpons at you and he has also placed barrels in the water to try and stop you. Also Watch out for oil slicks and floating buoys.

Eat as many victims as you can before you run out of feeding time.

Jaws1.png Jaws2.png Jaws.png Jaws3.png

Edited by usinoh, Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:44 AM.

#8 SalemFrost7800 OFFLINE  

SalemFrost7800

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 870 posts

Posted Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:50 AM

I made a couple changes already, I added an "effect" to the shark fin to make it look like it's cutting through the water and I changed the Bouy graphic alittle and changed a few colors and made a better ending.

Attached File  jawsv2.bin   4KB   345 downloads

Edited by usinoh, Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:14 AM.

#9 Shawn Sr. OFFLINE  

Shawn Sr.

Pale Emperor

• 13,358 posts

Posted Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:34 PM

What game is this originally? I know its not one I own (I think) Also is there any way to change the triangle into more of a shark?

#10 SalemFrost7800 OFFLINE  

SalemFrost7800

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 870 posts

Posted Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:32 PM

What game is this originally? I know its not one I own (I think) Also is there any way to change the triangle into more of a shark?

Believe it or not it's a TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE hack!

The Triangle is supposed to be the shark fin, I couldn't find any good way to make a shark.

#11 ATARIPITBULL OFFLINE  

ATARIPITBULL

LICK MY RED ROCKET LIKE A CANDY CAIN !!!

• 6,394 posts
  • Rub my belly and get a surprise in your face !!

Posted Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:52 PM

If you do finish this game, do you have any idea how much you would charge for a copy?

:ponder: :?: :?:

#12 Atari Dogs OFFLINE  

Atari Dogs

Stargunner

• 1,532 posts

Posted Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:59 AM

The Triangle is supposed to be the shark fin, I couldn't find any good way to make a shark.

Dude, what's with you and Texas Chainsaw Massacre? :D

#13 SalemFrost7800 OFFLINE  

SalemFrost7800

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 870 posts

Posted Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:25 AM

Dude, what's with you and Texas Chainsaw Massacre? :D

I know I know but I just keep getting ideas for the game I keep telling myself to move on than BAM I get another idea. I like JAWS though I think it turned out nice, a few more little tweeks and it will be done. I already promised myself the next horror hack will be something completly different.

#14 SalemFrost7800 OFFLINE  

SalemFrost7800

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 870 posts

Posted Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:26 AM

If you do finish this game, do you have any idea how much you would charge for a copy?

:ponder: :?: :?:

If I give it the full SALEM FROST treatment it will cost 35.00 but that will be with box, label and manual.

#15 SalemFrost7800 OFFLINE  

SalemFrost7800

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 870 posts

Posted Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:36 AM

Just when you thought Christmas was safe Salem Frost Bring you..................

JAWS 2600

This will be a Bare Bones Cart Release which will include a cart, Label and Manual. If the time comes in the future where Salem Frost Games releases a JAWS 2600 Box anyone who has purchased the cart already will have the chance to buy the box seperatly.

This is not a limited edition cart release however only 15 carts will be made at this time.

1.) Usinoh
2.) Ebay
3.) Shirleysswapshop
4.) Wonder007 (Paid)
5.) chuys450 (Paid)
6.) gambler172 (Paid)
7.) Rick Weis (Paid)
8.) Anonymous (Paid)
9.) rjchamp3
10.) Lucky Man (Paid)
11.) neotokeo2001 (Paid)
12.) skem (Paid)
13.) ATARIPITBULL
14.) Smitty (Paid)
15.) ntavio (Paid)

As a Gift From SALEM FROST GAMES for all the great support you guys have shown for me and my games I am offering JAWS 2600 for the low low price of

$20.00

Which Includes Shipping

(in the U.S. only outside the U.S. charges may vary)

The Carts will ship in plenty of time For The Holidays and they make Great Gifts!!

If you want to order a game please email me at:

customerservice@salemfrostgames.com

Please include your Atariage user name and Mailing address.

Thank you,
Tim

Here is the Manual for JAWS 2600 a printed copy will come with each cart sold.

Attached File  JAWS_INSTRUCTIONS.doc   28.5KB   141 downloads

Edited by usinoh, Mon Dec 4, 2006 2:24 PM.

#16 Wonder007 OFFLINE  

Wonder007

River Patroller

• 2,699 posts
  • There's the truth, and then, there is the TRUTH.

Posted Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:02 AM

e-mail sent!!! :)

#17 gambler172 OFFLINE  

gambler172

River Patroller

• 2,590 posts
  • none

Posted Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:36 AM

Hi Tim
email sent :)
greetings gambler172

#18 SalemFrost7800 OFFLINE  

SalemFrost7800

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 870 posts

Posted Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:41 AM

I have changed a few graphics for this release including the begining title screen and ending animation and a couple other minor graphics changes but I will leave these as a surprise for those who buy the carts :)

#19 SalemFrost7800 OFFLINE  

SalemFrost7800

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 870 posts

Posted Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:34 AM

Ordering is complete and 15 carts will be made. I will update when the carts are ready for shipping.

#20 SalemFrost7800 OFFLINE  

SalemFrost7800

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 870 posts

Posted Sat Dec 2, 2006 11:10 AM

The JAWS 2600 carts are done and I will be shipping them on Monday, a big thanks to NEO for the label design!!!

Edited by SalemFrost7800, Fri Nov 7, 2008 2:51 PM.

#21 neotokeo2001 OFFLINE  

neotokeo2001

River Patroller

• 3,103 posts

Posted Sat Dec 2, 2006 12:41 PM

The JAWS 2600 carts are done and I will be shipping them on Monday, a big thanks to NEO for the label design!!!

Looks good! Can't wait to get it. :D

#22 Foxsolo2000 OFFLINE  

Foxsolo2000

River Patroller

• 3,553 posts
  • Our future resides in the hands of fools!

Posted Sun Dec 3, 2006 6:04 AM

Me neither ;)

#23 SalemFrost7800 OFFLINE  

SalemFrost7800

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 870 posts

Posted Mon Dec 4, 2006 2:26 PM

The First Shippments of JAWS Carts were sent today and the rest will go out in a day or two. Thanks to everyone who supports my cart releases

Edited by SalemFrost7800, Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:21 AM.

#24 SalemFrost7800 OFFLINE  

SalemFrost7800

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 870 posts

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:20 AM

It's a very sad day for JAWS fans :sad:

'Jaws' actor Roy Scheider dies

LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas (AP) -- Roy Scheider, the actor best known for his role as a police chief in the blockbuster movie "Jaws," has died. He was 75.

Scheider died Sunday at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences hospital in Little Rock, hospital spokesman David Robinson said. The hospital did not release a cause of death.

However, hospital spokeswoman Leslie Taylor said Scheider had been treated for multiple myeloma at the hospital's Myeloma Institute for Research and Therapy for the past two years.

Scheider received two Oscar nominations, for best-supporting actor in 1971's "The French Connection" in which he played the police partner of Oscar winner Gene Hackman, and for best-actor for 1979's "All That Jazz," the autobiographical Bob Fosse film.

However, he was best known for his role in Steven Spielberg's 1975 film, "Jaws," the enduring classic about a killer shark terrorizing beachgoers and well as millions of moviegoers.

Widely hailed as the film that launched the era of the Hollywood blockbuster, it was also the first movie to earn $100 million at the box office. Scheider starred with Richard Dreyfuss, who played an oceanographer.

In 2005, one of Scheider's most famous lines in the movie -- "You're gonna need a bigger boat" -- was voted No. 35 on the American Film Institute's list of best quotes from U.S. movies.

That year, some 30 years after "Jaws" premiered, hundreds of movie buffs flocked to Martha's Vineyard, off the southeastern coast of Massachusetts, to celebrate the great white shark.

The island's JawsFest '05 also brought back some of the cast and crew, including screenwriter Carl Gottlieb and Peter Benchley, who wrote the novel that inspired Spielberg's classic. Spielberg, Scheider and Dreyfuss were absent.

Scheider was also politically active. He participated in rallies protesting U.S. military action in Iraq, including a massive New York demonstration in March 2003 that police said drew 125,000 chanting

#25 SalemFrost7800 OFFLINE  

SalemFrost7800

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 870 posts

Posted Fri Nov 7, 2008 3:03 PM

I think of all the games I made I like this one the most, I think it's because I was able to completly change the look of the original game plus I am a huge JAWS fan!!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users