IGNORED

Do you spend more time watching television or playing video games?

Rhindle The Red

Do you spend more time watching television or playing video games?  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Do you spend more time watching television or playing video games?

• Watching Television
    • Playing Video Games
    • About the same for each

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

• 1 month later...

I would PREFER video games over TV, but with two young kids to watch (and a wife who's not into video games at all), I don't get much game time. In fact, since our second was born 6 weeks ago, the gaming's pretty much been limited to DS on the train to and from work, plus whenever else I can squeeze it in during naps and between toddler tantrums.

TV, on the other hand, seems almost unavoidable.

But the kids are still totally worth it.

I think a more interesting poll would be, more time playing games or talking about them here!

Edited by Room 34

Do what I did and get your wife hooked on Tetris, mind you then you might find (as I have) that it is no longer "your" DS and the dusting never gets done. :)

Toddlers of today are the gamers of tomorrow! My 7 year-old loves her Nintendo Dogs and my 1 year-old loves watching the movement and colours of Mario 64.

Improves your dexterity, improves your logic / problem solving skills. But you'll have to keep playing different type of games. After a while once you have "mastered" a game your learning stops.

I know you've heard it all before but watching TV and playing video games actually makes you smarter.

Brain Candy by Malcolm Gladwell

Also, this only applies to modern games. So all the games in my collection are not helping me at all.

Playing video games over TV watching,

though I probably spend even more time

on the Internet hanging out in forums or

MySpace than I do anything else these

days. Being a father to a rambunctious

(but cute and adorable) daughter doesn't

afford much leisure time at all these days.

When I do power up the TV, it's usually to

either play the 7800, Famicom AV or PS2.

:cool:

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

It's interesting how many responses mention that they don't watch or barely watch TV.

I watch very little TV in recent times (that might change if they come out with a TVLand2 and ONLY play series from the 1980's :love: ). Those days spending hours on end with a mindless blank stare at the tube are over.

I prefer to spend time on my (slowly) growing classic video game collection - i've been collecting for the Colecovision lately and am fascinated with many of the games.

The internet is right up there with video games in free time spent.

I'd say internet and games take up most of my time. But we do try too pick a few television series each year to watch. They just have to be worthy of our time. For those with non-gaming wifes, try getting them hooked on something like Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, Thrillville, Sim City, or even the new My Sims game which looks pretty cool.

I'm really surprised at how many people don't watch TV or if they do, so little. I always thought of America to be the biggest TV junkie country.

Anyway, I'm a really big TV junkie. I obviously watch more TV than playing video games, I also spend a lot of time on the net.

Because of having Satalitte TV there's so much great IMO stuff to watch, for example just off the top of my head there's, the soaps, The Sopranos, Mythbusters, Everybody Loves Raymond, Fox News, CNN, This Old House, Games Night, Strongman Comps, Only Fools And Horses, Nightrider, The A-Team, etc, etc.

Edited by Ross PK

my gamming habits consist of some DS (metroid hunters, tetris DS) now and then when I'm not at home and some x box when I am( mechassualt, robotech battlecry). And let me tell you I never play for more than an hour on either of them. And I do this with no kind of regular basis, I would say I play games once every 3 days or so. A lot less than I did before.

I watch a ton of tv though, well is two and a half hours a ton? Aside from the daily show and x play I don't watch broadcasted tv. I watch a metric ton of anime though, since I need to get my giant robot fix somewhere. Ane lets face it most games based around giant robots suck out loud. I spend a lot of time of the computer as well.

To me two and a half hours really isn't a ton, where I used to live near enough anyone who is sat at home would have the TV on for near enough all the time.

I mostly hate TV because of commercials, but then there is a lot of predictable dreck out there as well. Unfortunately the time allotted for a television series (unless it is episodic) just is not enough time for a decent story. Even worse for half hour deals. Movie are barely long enough either.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I hate TV.

Hi Guys:

How can you say "I hate TV"?. The Sports, The Movies, The Sitcoms, & People that dress up as large chickens!! (LOL)

I love to watch documentaries on A&E, History Channel, etc. Right now, I watch "American Gangster" on BET!

Anthony....

Edited by fdurso224

I watch :

Lost

Battlestar Galactica

Simpsons

Football

Yankees baseball

When those aren't on at night, and there is nothing else going on, its

all video games.

The TV use is probably broken up by me:

85% video games

15% tv shows

My wife is more like 99.99 tv, .01% video games...

• 7 months later...