IGNORED

System Failure don't work anymore

Hehehe... My hostile take over of all prototype sites it complete. I shall rule the prototype kingdom!

Seriously though, I was looking at it yesterday afternoon, but by last night it was down. I hope it comes back soon, there;s alot of good infromation there. Not as good as my new site, but we all can't be as perfect as me.

Tempest

If you will make your site much better, take some pictures from my site.

My Prototypes

I hope too, that the site will work in the future again. This was a great site, and I loved it.

I hope your (Tempest) site will soon up, and will be the greatest site from all Prototype sites. I want to see all Atari Prototypes from the world.

PS: On my harddrive I have many (maybe over 300) pictures from Atari 2600 Prototypes cartridges. All copy from ebay and collectors sites. Some good some bad quality. But these are not my Prototypes, so I think I can't give you them for your site.

But if you need names, from the games I can give them to you.

If they came from Ebay auctions I don't why people would object to me putting up the pictures on my page, they already had them up for half the world to see. I would appreciate it if you could send me the pictures even if I only use them for the names. If they came from collectors sites I still don't see the harm of me using the picture. I could always take them down if someone objected.

BTW I'm just about done with the 2600 section. I should have that section open to the public in a week or two. My main problem is that while John and Marc provided me with lists of what prototypes they own, I don't have any scans or dumps of the roms. So I can't tell if they're any different or not (yet).

Tempest

quote:

Originally posted by Tempest:

If they came from Ebay auctions I don't why people would object to me putting up the pictures on my page, they already had them up for half the world to see. I would appreciate it if you could send me the pictures even if I only use them for the names. If they came from collectors sites I still don't see the harm of me using the picture. I could always take them down if someone objected.

Uhmmm, I have to politely take aim at this statement. We have put up thousands of images on AtariAge for all the world to see, but that doesn't mean that people are free to use them on other sites without first asking our permission. Sure, many people take pictures and/or scan items for the sole purpose of displaying them in eBay auctions, but they still own the copyright to those images. I don't think that just because an image is used on an eBay auction it's suddenly "okay" to use it elsewhere just because it's being used to describe an auction.

And until you ask the seller for permission to use any images, you might not even know if the seller took the pictures himself or "borrowed" them from another site. If the images came from another source, now you're effectively taking them from that source without permission. Then someday the owner of that image might stumble across your site and see that you used it and might not be too pleased.

..Al

Ic an see your point, but I honestly don't think anyone is going to object to a picture of their prototype being shown on a webpage. Still I suppose it's best not to get involved in a murky area like picture copyrights (even though I don't think 95% of them would give a rats ass). Besides I plenty of pictures of other prototypes on my page to fill up my disk quota (and I know I won't object to the use of my own pictures on my webpage).

Tempest

quote:

Originally posted by Tempest:

Ic an see your point, but I honestly don't think anyone is going to object to a picture of their prototype being shown on a webpage.

I agree, I don't think most people would care, but I still think the right thing to do is get permission. Then there is no murkiness and you can confidently state that any pictures used on your site are yours or used with permission from their respective owners. Given the narrow scope of your site (prototypes!) it's not like there are tons of sites with the same type of information and images as yours, so it's not likely that you'd bump heads with someone anyway. But for AtariAge, it's very important for us to seek permission for images we did not create ourselves.

..Al

Sorry, I think I can't give you the pictures from the others near 300 Prototypes, Tempest.

But you can use mine on my site. These are 100% from me. I have scan them and upload them. And for Raiders of the Lost Ark is the ROM avaible (this one with the 2 Bytes diffrent). Scott Lindberg has dump it (and then weeks later I have buy the Prototype). I think you can use this ROM for your site, because I own the game. But maybe you must ask Scott for the ROM too.

And the other pictures are bad, but don't have any permission for them. I don't know who own them, or where I get them (ebay or Collectors). So its better that you don't use them.

Maybe you find some on the net, then you can ask the owner himself.

Well I would still like to see the pictures for the information on the prototypes themselves. So can you either give me the pictures and I promise not to put any of them on my webpage (I think you can trust me), or write down the information and send it to me. Of course if there are over 300 pictures that would be alot of work on your part. I really do need this kind of information.

Tempest

[ 05-08-2002: Message edited by: Tempest ]