IGNORED

List of homebrew games in development

Fadest

Here is a list of currently in development Lynx games.

I only included games, which have available rom somewhere.

Since the beginning of this list from scratch (1st version of the list is 1 year old), some games may be finished or put on hold...

I will try to maintain this list accurately...

breakout clone, tron clone, dynabuster clone, pushbox/sokoban -> http://www.uni-giessen.de/~gd1113/lynx/

No name ? (a game with dices on a board) -> http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?&showtopic=69414

-> http://www.cc.puv.fi/~e0400536/

Conquistador

Karateboy

Knightmare

Paraply

Anti A-Bomb Aircraft Artillery

Edited by Fadest

What a cool Idea. This should be thumbtacked.

Any of these games available on a card, or was that what you meant by rom?

As far as I know, none of these games are on a card. Some may be put on the new MultiCard coming soon...

By rom, I mean file available for testing in Handy, ie, I only listed projects where something can be seen, not "secret" projects.

I guess "Sound Driver Demo" will be a very great game.

I would like to add "packed MOD on cartridge demo part 1 and 2" not to forget the "simple slideshow example" ;-)

And why dont you include all my stuff?

http://www.uni-giessen.de/~gd1113/lynx/

breakout clone, tron clone, dynabuster clone, pushbox/sokoban

I think for all of them a demo "rom" (*.o) is available.

There is of course a lot of other available games than those listed here (for example Mathias ones, TNT Terry, Stardreamer and many others). I am probably not aware of the most part of existing homebrew Lynx projects.

I began this list one ago nearly from scratch in order to have a "currently in development list", and added every new projects (and old active ones).

Of course, one year later, some "games" (OK, you're right, sound driver demo is the intrus) are finished, maybe cancelled, so the initial purpose (currently in dev) is outdated...

I add your games to the list.

Of course, if you are aware of other projects (with available rom), please help this list becomes the most complete...

• 3 years later...

Yes, it would be a very good idea if this list could be updated on a regular basis. That is of course if Fadest has the time and will to do so?

Then I suggest that a moderator make this topic pinned! Just like the list in the Jaguar forum. It will surely boost the interest for the Lynx and inspire people to start their own projects.

I also suggest that we change the name of this to "List of Lynx projects", so the list also could include not only games but also hardware projects, such as rygars and karris.

Yes, it would be a very good idea if this list could be updated on a regular basis. That is of course if Fadest has the time and will to do so?

Then I suggest that a moderator make this topic pinned! Just like the list in the Jaguar forum. It will surely boost the interest for the Lynx and inspire people to start their own projects.

I also suggest that we change the name of this to "List of Lynx projects", so the list also could include not only games but also hardware projects, such as rygars and karris.

I also wonder what I should do with demos that never became public. As they were not coded by me I cannot give them away. On the other hand they are very good and the original authors are still active within the Lynx community. I hope they will publish their work and not just forget about it.

One chance would be to create MegaPak 2 with these. Hmm.

--

Karri

I also wonder what I should do with demos that never became public. As they were not coded by me I cannot give them away. On the other hand they are very good and the original authors are still active within the Lynx community. I hope they will publish their work and not just forget about it.

--

Karri

It doesn't have to be just Karri that updates the thing. Just update the thread with whatever you find. That's what I may start doing. I was going to make a website, or a very detailed blog about everything. I may just start a new thread. Perhaps an 'All projects' thread with links, pictures, and everything I can find. It would be a pain, bu I think it would be great for the community.

Karri, you are right. Some of these would be great for a MegaPak 2 cart. Also, have you figured anything out for a cart release of the Solitare game? I'm eagerly awaiting that! As some people mentioned in another thread, it would be awesome to have a second volume of card games (hearts, spades, war, etc). I think it would be a lot of fun!

[quote name='karri' date='Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:05 AM' timestamp='1253023523'

--

Karri

Can you contact these people? I understand it is someone else's work... you can't just give it away. it would be great to send an email out to the people to let them know we'd like to share with the community.

Perhaps there is hope.

--

Karri

Creating a new cart would be the best solution for sure! :) Maybe something could be worked out with those people and with Carl? Looking back and reading old threads on this forum about MegaPak it appears that a second volume was planned all along from the start, right? So I hope MegaPak 2 can be added to this list soon!

Meanwhile I think we should add the following 3 projects from Songbird Productions:

Distant Lands

Ultravore

Mystery Lynx Project #1

And we can take away these 2 from the list above (As they both were included and released on MegaPak 1):

Paraply (Parafly)

ChopperX

Edited by SwedenLynxer

It doesn't have to be just Karri that updates the thing. Just update the thread with whatever you find. That's what I may start doing. I was going to make a website, or a very detailed blog about everything. I may just start a new thread. Perhaps an 'All projects' thread with links, pictures, and everything I can find. It would be a pain, bu I think it would be great for the community.

Yes, I could start a new thread too. But since this is already created, why not stick to this one. And make it pinned. Yes, we can all contribute with updates, but we can't all edit the list, right. So let's hear what Fadest say first.

To Solitare by Karri, I hope Lynxman will made a PCB (one of the beautiful red)

Whats now in development after Lynxopoly is out (yes i still code for the lynx)

I dont want make something public, in an so early phase. So i list it in project-words :D

Project Destiny (planed as full game on an own cartridge, release is planed 2010): finished 10%

Project VCS-Clone1 (a small game what will be added to an other project, no release date): finished 50%

Project VCS-Clone2 (a big game, with the basic idea from a old VCS clone, no release date): project startet.

Project Puzzler (planed as full game on an own cartridge, no release date): project startet.

I hope to release at least one game/year.

And i hope i can hold the quality standard i made by lynxopoly.

Regards

Matthias

Wow, you revived this old thread,it got much more interest nowin an afternoon than 3 years before :D

It seems I cannot adit the first post, but some of the games have found their way to en product, especially mines ;)

My goal was to keep a list of active development of available roms only, for people want wanted to test and helps coders.

But maybe an extended list of all project in work, like the Jaguar topic should be a better option. But I know I have no time to maintain it and dig the netlike I used to, so if someone wants to restart it, based on this topic, feel free to do it.

Wow, you revived this old thread,it got much more interest nowin an afternoon than 3 years before :D

It seems I cannot adit the first post, but some of the games have found their way to en product, especially mines ;)

I think it has a lot to do with the Flashcard. Now that I can play demos and WIPs on a real Lynx, I want to see everything! (Also, I only recently starting using Handy. I saw no reason before, since I already owned all the carts. But the demo scene is quite fascinating!)

As for the editing of the first post, send Albert a PM. On two occasions, he has granted me edit access to a post of mine.

Cheers,

Smeg

--

Karri

Creating a new cart would be the best solution for sure! :) Maybe something could be worked out with those people and with Carl? Looking back and reading old threads on this forum about MegaPak it appears that a second volume was planned all along from the start, right? So I hope MegaPak 2 can be added to this list soon!

Meanwhile I think we should add the following 3 projects from Songbird Productions:

Distant Lands

Ultravore

Mystery Lynx Project #1

And we can take away these 2 from the list above (As they both were included and released on MegaPak 1):

Paraply (Parafly)

ChopperX

Distant Lands is requested just as much as ol' EOTB. Funny... but I don't even think Distant Lands is really all that playable is it?

I think more info on these games need to be gatheres and put down in stone... that way everyone has all of the facts (instead of reading through years of threads like I have in the past. LOL)

My goal was to keep a list of active development of available roms only, for people want wanted to test and helps coders.

But maybe an extended list of all project in work, like the Jaguar topic should be a better option. But I know I have no time to maintain it and dig the netlike I used to, so if someone wants to restart it, based on this topic, feel free to do it.

Ok, then if no one objects, I will start a new thread. I will model it after the Jaguar topic. And I will ask Albert to make it pinned. Im a regular visitor at this forum so I will probably have to problem to maintain it.

I would appreciate such a thread, but I would add a status for each project.

Distant Lands for example is pretty uncertain, it was planned for 2001 afair; even Songbird can´t say if it will ever be completed.

Same goes for other, smaller projects too I believe. If nothing new was heard for a long time I´d mark the projects with an "?". :)

EDIT: I just noticed that Lynxopoly is not even listed on AA´s rarity guide.

Edited by 108 Stars

This would be a nice idea.

I also hope to make a better release of Solitaire with support for the new interruptor technique and better code optimization.

I also hope to fix the music using the interruptor.

-

Karri

Congratulation to all who won the Bitchy Card.

I have done my best to make a unique Lynx Card.

On Wednesday i will send the Cards to Rygar.

@Rygar: sorry for additional delay, but tomorrow will be a very busy day at work.

Lynxman

What, what is what I read???

Sometimes you sleep sometimes rather than to work?!

It is unbearable! ;)

Thank you still for these magnificent PCB!

Sorry, there are some things outside the Lynx. ;)

Whats now in development after Lynxopoly is out (yes i still code for the lynx)

I dont want make something public, in an so early phase. So i list it in project-words :D

Project Destiny (planed as full game on an own cartridge, release is planed 2010): finished 10%

Project VCS-Clone1 (a small game what will be added to an other project, no release date): finished 50%

Project VCS-Clone2 (a big game, with the basic idea from a old VCS clone, no release date): project startet.

Project Puzzler (planed as full game on an own cartridge, no release date): project startet.

I hope to release at least one game/year.

And i hope i can hold the quality standard i made by lynxopoly.

Regards

Matthias

Red Carts? No Problem. :)

I definitely want to do a MegaPak 2 sometime! It was a lot of fun seeing so many neat demos come together for MP1, and there were definitely some fun (but unfinished) games that fell off the apple cart. ;)

Distant Lands is requested just as much as ol' EOTB. Funny... but I don't even think Distant Lands is really all that playable is it?

I think more info on these games need to be gatheres and put down in stone... that way everyone has all of the facts (instead of reading through years of threads like I have in the past. LOL)

Distant Lands is more playable than you would think, but nowhere near completion. Such is the fate of an ambitious RPG for the Lynx...

If Chris doesn't mind, I'd be open to posting the very old demo of DL on the Songbird website... maybe it would inspire some people to help work on it!

• Like 1

Distant Lands is more playable than you would think, but nowhere near completion. Such is the fate of an ambitious RPG for the Lynx...

If Chris doesn't mind, I'd be open to posting the very old demo of DL on the Songbird website... maybe it would inspire some people to help work on it!

That would be awesome! It would be great to see what it looks like right now... (or at least that old demo).

Would be great to get a team together (like Zaku team) to finish something like that.

That would be great. Even if he never finishes the game it would be great if we could all see what was made. All the work that was already put into this should not be completely lost. :)

That would be great. Even if he never finishes the game it would be great if we could all see what was made. All the work that was already put into this should not be completely lost. :)

I agree with that! I'd love to see what this game is all about, and anything that might inspire its finish would be great! (As for collaboration, I'm no programmer but I can help with the game manual.)

Cheers,

Smeg