IGNORED

The Atari Flashback 3 Petition

I'd love to see an FB3! Mark me down.

I definately want one.

Confirm for me, the FB3 was 5200/8-bit based right? If you can confirm that for me, I might be able to get others in on this.

Yep, confirmed: Flashback III would have been ( better: will be ) an Atari 8-Bit Computer in a 5200-like case.

@ Atari/Infogrames: Count me in for at least 3 units !

Beetle

Edited by Beetle

online petitions are lame, sure I like things, but online petitions are lame.

A company isn't going to release a product just because one website and say at best 1000 "signatures" claim they want a product.

They are taking a look at their current financial situation, taking into account the sales of the FB2, and a petition, as good hearted as one may be isn't going to do much to influence it.

If you want the product, I believe writing a letter, WRITING with a signature, and mailing it off to their headquarters would have more impact than any corny online petition.

And that goes for everything

Yep, confirmed: Flashback III would have been ( better: will be ) an Atari 8-Bit Computer in a 5200-like case.

@ Atari/Infogrames: Count me in for at least 3 units !

Beetle

...umm, where did you get 'confirmation' that was going to be the prototype?

Curt Vendel himself (The one who did the FB2 and was working on the FB3 before ATARI actually stopped the project) gave the specs in the "FB3" thread.

800 computer in a 5200 case

function keys/buttons along under the silver strip for pause, select, keypad, etc...

FB2 joystick usage

Front SD card slot acting as D1:

edge connector inside on board to solder an 800 cart connector to for legacy cartridge usage.

Built in SIO2PC connection port for transferring to/from console

footprint for SIO connector to be added

footprint for ps/2 keyboard connector

footprint for vga out

Composite out

Look here, too. Posting #425

Greets,

Beetle

Edited by Beetle

Count me in for the petition.

But nothing you do is going to change the fact that Atari is broke. They aren't going to build the FB3.

Efforts would be better spent raising awareness and booking pre-orders (try schools) for the FB3 to help Curt's team get this thing done, should Curt himself feel that would be of use. Someone can create a brochure, put it on line to a website in PDF form and get geared up for the war of launching this thing with nothing more than the fortune of Curt gaining Atari's blessing, which at this point I don't believe has even happened yet.

Online petitions may make you feel good, give you that warm fuzzy feeling like your opinion matters and your needs are cared about. But the truth is its pure economics. No entity is going to sink money into a product that wont sell. And if everyone on AtariAge bought five FB3's it still wouldn't be enough for Infogrames to care, let alone afford.

My suggestion: the community needs to support Curt in whatever way he asks. And until he does, sit tight but create a buzz.

Edited by Ferris

Online petitions may make you feel good, give you that warm fuzzy feeling like your opinion matters and your needs are cared about. But the truth is its pure economics. No entity is going to sink money into a product that wont sell. And if everyone on AtariAge bought five FB3's it still wouldn't be enough for Infogrames to care, let alone afford.

Bingo, stop whining to Atari (they don't care) and look for new avenues.

Keep up the good work guys... Atari is listening it seems, I will be going in for a meeting shortly and if allowed, I will post an update on the FB3 status...

Curt

Bingo, stop whining to Atari (they don't care) and look for new avenues.

Keep up the good work guys... Atari is listening it seems, I will be going in for a meeting shortly and if allowed, I will post an update on the FB3 status...

I was going to side with AtariJess on this one, but I guess it's working. Sign me up for a unit! :)

Oh, and sending snail-mail letters is still a good idea. This page has a list of international and domestic addresses which you can mail. If you do send them a snail mail, make sure you apply at least high-school writing skills and common courtesy. A polite, well-worded letter will always have more impact than an angry letter that's difficult to understand.

Also, there's an Investor webcast on Wednesday, June 14. They will be discussing the Q4 earnings and general status of the business. Archives of the previous quarters can be found here.

I know that many of you already know this information, but I hope that posting it will help get even more readers involved. :)

Man, I was really hoping to get a FB3. I'll definitely get one if they are released (by Atari or other means.)

As for this as an "Online Petition that won't work, send snail mail instead..." How about printing and mailing this thread to Atari (once it gets big enough)?

Edited by Gregory DG