IGNORED

The Atari Flashback 3 Petition

I want it but only under the atari name with a nice atari 1x1 logo.

No substitutes. I don't care if they are made on another planet and contain lethal levels of lead long as it was only lethal if used internally! :)

Atari flashback 3 laptop all the way! :)

Guy's that's *INFOGRAMES*, not *ATARI INC.*. Infogrames got a new president, not Atari, and he's interested in reviving the Atari *brand*. Some of the press (mainly the UK press) misrepresented it by simply stating "Atari" when they meant Atari UK (a division of Infogrames), leading to a lot of confusion everywhere else and to this article.

Atari is *not* getting a new president, it still has the same head - (Curtis G. Solsvig III, a BlueBay lacky known for a mergers and acquisitions background), and the same financial problems. Its currently facing a) delisting today, the 20th, and b) default on its loan status to BlueBay, and c) An offer to be bought out by Infogrames.

Edited by wgungfu

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

RE Wungfu's comments....last i heard...Ocean Software Founder and ex director David Ward was still the head/chair of Atari UK (Unless Wungfu knows something i don't) and I guess that Atari UK are still based in Hammersmith (Wrong end of town from me)

Regarding the proposed FB3....Not that i want to be neggy but I don't think Consumer Electronics is high on Atari's priorities right now...probably once they become 'financially solvent', they may look at that market again...though i doubt it will happen

RE Wungfu's comments....last i heard...Ocean Software Founder and ex director David Ward was still the head/chair of Atari UK (Unless Wungfu knows something i don't) and I guess that Atari UK are still based in Hammersmith (Wrong end of town from me)

I don't recall saying anything in regards to Atari UK other than Atari UK is a division of Infogrames, which it is. What are you talking about?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Keep up the good work guys... Atari is listening it seems, I will be going in for a meeting shortly and if allowed, I will post an update on the FB3 status...

Curt

I think the problem at this point is Atari. They have gone through a lot of ups and downs lately. I would have to admit that I sometimes wonder if Atari is still listening after all this time has gone by. All we can do is hope.

I think the problem at this point is Atari. They have gone through a lot of ups and downs lately. I would have to admit that I sometimes wonder if Atari is still listening after all this time has gone by. All we can do is hope.

With Atari's new management, I don't think we will see an Atari Flashback 3 from them. If they do offer one, I would be exstatic about it, though surprised. I think with the new management team that they hired over the recent months will end up leading Atari back to a level close to Activision/EA. I read an article a few months back interviewing Nolan Bushnell about why Atari isn't at the level it used to be and he said it was because they don't have a clear vision. They were trying to do everything and not focused. They seem to be doing this more now. I was excited when they announced that they picked up the Ghostbusters games. They also made some really cool announcements this past week, but nothing "classic" related. Probably the closest is Breakout for the iPod Touch.