IGNORED

The Atari Flashback 3 Petition

• 4 weeks later...

I think it is safe to say that we will no longer see any more Flashback units (i.e. 3, 4, etc) with the Atari name on it. :( What a shame. That FB2 was fantastic (I liked the FB1 as well) and the FB3 had sooooo much promise being base on the Atari 8-bit computer line. Thanks to all the people who made these FB units possible. At least we have the FB1 & 2.

(I hope I'm wrong, but my gut tells me otherwise.)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I think it is safe to say that we will no longer see any more Flashback units (i.e. 3, 4, etc) with the Atari name on it. :( What a shame. That FB2 was fantastic (I liked the FB1 as well) and the FB3 had sooooo much promise being base on the Atari 8-bit computer line. Thanks to all the people who made these FB units possible. At least we have the FB1 & 2.

(I hope I'm wrong, but my gut tells me otherwise.)

It turns out I was wrong !! :D :D :D

and yes, I'm very happy that I was. The new FB2+ is coming and it looks like there might be a chance for an FB3. It looks like it will no longer be based on Atari 8-bit computer tech but that's fine. The idea of an FB unit based on the 7800 tech is really cool too. Even though I most likely already posted I will buy one years ago on this thread, I want to reiterate my commitment to purchasing an FB3 (or maybe two)

Again, Thanks goes out to Atari (for wanting to try hardware again) and Legacy Engineering for making it happen.

• 3 months later...

Atari-Jess is exactly right. Online petitions mean next to nothing to companies. If you really want to see the FB3 released, you need to snail mail a letter to Atari. Emails and petitions carry very little weight (and rarely make it to anyone in corporate).

Yes, thats true. A few years back I was part of over 25,000 signatures for Logan's Run The TV Series DVD. MGM/WB didnt even bother with it.

Had to finally dl the series on iTunes as it's STILL not avail on DVD :(icon_mad.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If they've been working on this for 4 years (I doubt it), it better be AMAZING!

I can see the adverts in my head:

THE ATARI FLASHBACK 3! SO POWERFUL THE JOYSTICK TAKES UP A WHOLE ROOM!!!

super-sized-atari-2600-joystick-01.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...