IGNORED

Time to update the Sears picture labels

Christophero Sly

Question:

As I now have most of these boxed, I will soon be selling off my loose copies which includes all picture labels minus Superman and most text labels (including serial number variations). What would be a fair selling price for this lot? ...and no, I will not be parting it out.

Question:

As I now have most of these boxed, I will soon be selling off my loose copies which includes all picture labels minus Superman and most text labels (including serial number variations). What would be a fair selling price for this lot? ...and no, I will not be parting it out.

With all due respect, if you sell it as one big lot, then most likely it will end up in the hands of a reseller who will part it out. IMO, parting out at least the rarer carts would net you a higher return and earn you the apprectiation of those collectors who would like the opportunity to secure these carts for a fair price from a fellow collector rather than a reseller.

Just my 2¢...

Edited by Christophero Sly

Question:

Well, it's better then using them for soldering practice, LOL.

Send 'em to me for a case of beer and we'll be done with it. Mmmmm, beer. :lust:

Question:

With all due respect, if you sell it as one big lot, then most likely it will end up in the hands of a reseller who will part it out. IMO, parting out at least the rarer carts would net you a higher return and earn you the apprectiation of those collectors who would like the opportunity to secure these carts for a fair price from a fellow collector rather than a reseller.

Just my 2¢...

I may end up doing exactly that as all I am looking to do is recoup some of the expense of buying the boxed games. I am just curious what a complete Sears collection minus Superman is worth loose. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
I may end up doing exactly that as all I am looking to do is recoup some of the expense of buying the boxed games. I am just curious what a complete Sears collection minus Superman is worth loose. ;-)

$200-$300

That's about right. I'd possibly place it a little higher... around $350 or so.

I think if it was advertised here... and then placed on ebay, you'd have a lot of people wanting to get this lot. I personally would watch it, to see where it ended, but I usually collect the loose carts, thus I would try to find a loose collection somewheres. LOL

I have quite a few of these as of lately now that I think about it. I've been searching specifically for Sears pics... I've been looking for 3 years for the Gunslinger (I want it for the Stephen King Dark Tower refrence as well. I'm a geek... what can I say). It is kinda of an obsession lately. I'm sure I could just buy from a collector... however I would rather find one in The Wild. It would rate right up there with my Xante cart find... except I would keep it that is for sure. If I ever find a double of the Gunslinger.... I will try to see if I can get a second loose Sears set together and offer it for sell. That would be interesting.

I am thinking of snagging a few of Wonder's Sears labels in the marketplace. They are very tempting.

I guess I lucked out on my Basketball one. I wasn't really paying attention to the Sears labels... except for Night Driver and Gunslinger.

Goes to show that some games fly under the radar still. This was at a video game store. Then again... so was my last copy of QBert Qubes, River Raid II, and the XANTE cart I found.

:)

Just added a minty Chase and Submarine Commander to the mix.