IGNORED

This dude found the NES/SNES motherlode...

CPUWIZ

OMG, He found a NWC Proto cart and not to mention a REAL Earthbound and Zelda 3 :-o Anyone want to take a stab at what each of those 3 is worth? I bet the earthbound is the cheapest of the 3 and Zelda is about 3k and the NWC Proto is $8k seeing as the production NWC is $2K+ grey and $5k+ gold respectivly.

Most of those SNES "proto" carts (Starfox, Zelda, etc.) look like demo loaners, not "prototypes". Generally prototypes don't have a nice label with the final artwork on them. Those look more like what you would see plugged into a store demo unit.

Still a nice find on some of the other carts.

I would guess that Zelda III *is* what it says on the label: LttP (for SNES).

Edited by Bruce Tomlin

Most of those SNES "proto" carts (Starfox, Zelda, etc.) look like demo loaners, not "prototypes". Generally prototypes don't have a nice label with the final artwork on them. Those look more like what you would see plugged into a store demo unit.

Still a nice find on some of the other carts.

I would guess that Zelda III *is* what it says on the label: LttP (for SNES).

Ahh, I didn't think of it that way, Your right it is prob. LTTP and not a new game, bummer :( .

Heck I still call the game Zelda 3.. almost never have I called it "Link to the Past" :P

Nice on the Starfox Competition carts.. I actually got one of those too while working shit wages at Nintendo for a few weeks. I picked it up for about 2 bucks!

*sighs* I hate resellers. I mean its nice to get the games into circulation, but eh, whatever.

WTF? Re-sellers? The guy scored large at a garage sale and is turning some bucks, You got a little envy going on or something? The guy isn't all of a sudden a "reseller" cause he cashes in a good find. I would do the same thing and if you didn't do the same thing also your stupid.

WTF? Re-sellers? The guy scored large at a garage sale and is turning some bucks, You got a little envy going on or something? The guy isn't all of a sudden a "reseller" cause he cashes in a good find. I would do the same thing and if you didn't do the same thing also your stupid.

It makes the collector in question appear to only be in collection for the money. Keeping a stash of super-cool rare games isn't stupid, it's a sign of someone who is 100% in the hobby for the games and not to turn a profit buying low and selling high. Plus, you meant to say "you're" (which means "you are") not "your."

It makes the collector in question appear to only be in collection for the money. Keeping a stash of super-cool rare games isn't stupid, it's a sign of someone who is 100% in the hobby for the games and not to turn a profit buying low and selling high. Plus, you meant to say "you're" (which means "you are") not "your."

I'm not turning this in for an engrishes exam so your and you are or whatever are all the same when just trying to get your point across.

Also so what if you turn some $$$ while collecting? You would be a fool not to if the opertunity was there. I'm not saying greed should b the almighty drive, but common sense should be. Who's to say he doesn't plan on spending the profits on a bumch of Penasian carts or Myriad's or something? Also maybe he wants to turn them over to get games for a different system other than ones from the Big N? OR buy some stuff for his wife or kids? This whole "Oh no your a re-seller" shit is sad. So what if they guy sells some games he found, Are you telling me its wrong to sell your personal property for any reason especially for monitary gains? People who work for a living sell there time everyday. You sell 1 hour of your time for X amount of dollars. Oh no your a re-seller!! Tht time belongs to your parents cause you are the fruit of the loom and you just sold it for profit when your time was given to you for free from your parents!! Re-sellers!! Re-sellers!! Give me a break. :roll:

It makes the collector in question appear to only be in collection for the money.

Where did you get the impression that he's a video game collector?

Even if he was, some people don't collect protos, I certainly don't anymore. I flipped all of my protos. What good is a soon to be dead EPROM board? LOL

*sighs* I hate resellers. I mean its nice to get the games into circulation, but eh, whatever.

I wouldn't resell them if I had a find like that, I'd sell the doubles of the starfox, but that's it.

I get the feeling he's not a real game collector, since he refers several times to the cartridges as being 'tapes'. :roll:

Anyway, we don't know this guy's financial situation. I hate people who snap up classic gaming stuff in the wild just to resell it, but maybe his car's about to go out, or he's desperate for money for some reason. And if he is a game collector but isn't into Nintendo stuff, he's at least not holding on to a bunch of super-rare stuff that he won't enjoy. Other people can have fun with the stuff he doesn't want.

Edited by SteveW

to be perfectly honest, if i found those games i would have sold them too. just think of all the other cool games and rarities you could have in your collectionby cashing in two games. wouldn't bothe rme at all...
I'v sunk a lot of money into my collection.

If I could get it all back by selling a few protos or rares I wouldn't think twice.

BINGO!!! :thumbsup:

He is not a Nintendo collector. Imagine finding a Mickey Mantle rookie card in the wild, and you are not a baseball card collector....you'd sell it too.

ON a side note, a website claimed that Zelda III was NOT a prototype, which it was, and then I got into an argument with the webmaster of the site who claimed my Zelda I proto for NES was fake, and that he will ruin my career, ban me from his website, and laugh with Miyamoto about it, and he is dead serious , lol! All I was doing was defending the eBay guy for finding a real prototype of it which he insisted could "not" be real.

Bruce: This demo/prototype definition is really vague. I've seen them give to magazines both ways, with or without labels. It's the inside that counts the most.

Even if he was, some people don't collect protos, I certainly don't anymore. I flipped all of my protos. What good is a soon to be dead EPROM board? LOL

I can't tell for sure, but it looks like they might be socketed. In that case it can be dumped and reprogrammed as necessary. 2600 protos are usually not socketed due to lack of clearance in the cartridge, but a SNES cart should have enough room for a socket. Even if it's not socketed, it can probably be desoldered and have a socket installed.

Also, I didn't realize that the Zelda LttP demo cart and the "proto" with the handwritten Zelda III label were two separate carts. I thought the handwritten label was on the back of the other one.

And I think the "proto" board looks pretty cool, though not $1200 worth of cool. Especially if it has the final release image on it.

In that case it can be dumped and reprogrammed as necessary. 2600 protos are usually not socketed due to lack of clearance in the cartridge, but a SNES cart should have enough room for a socket. Even if it's not socketed, it can probably be desoldered and have a socket installed.

You are telling me? Me? LOL

Tell that to the fanatics, who think that it is no longer an authentic proto, if you reprogram it. ;) Ok, now you are gonna respond with "Who is gonna be able to know you did that?" and I go "Well, you do have to remove some stickers etc.!", then you follow up with "Yes, and?" and we 'round and 'round. :ponder:

BTW, I wrote a few SNES games, they are socketed and no, they do not fit into the case.