IGNORED

Atari Shodown: Week V - Atari ST

Rhindle The Red

Atari Shodown: Week V - Atari ST  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite of the following Atari ST titles?

• Battle of Britain: Their Finest Hour
    • Carrier Command
    • Epic
    • Impossible Mission
    • King's Quest
    • Llamatron
    • Sim City
    • Star Wars: The Arcade Game
    • Sundog

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I haven't played most of those games, and I had an Atari ST back in the day. I do remember playing many games, though. Maybe I spent too much time in Dungeon Master. :) I did play Sundog: A Frozen Legacy, King's Quest and I think Carrier Command, and of those I voted for Sundog.

..Al

can't vote on this one :( never really played many games on the ST, but what I did play, Robocop was my fav, about as close to the arcade as you could get back then, but sadly, it's not on the list.

Robocop was a good arcade port - but Robocop 3D was the one to play. That game was stunning back then! :cool:

I went with Llamatron as I love all Llama games, Battle of Britain is a close second for me.

I've never played Llamatron and didn't know there was a series of Llama games. What type of game is it? I assume, since it's on this list, that it's worth looking for.

I was a real Atari ST fan, and worked at a store so I got to play all of the new releases. Some of these games never made it to our area (Llamatron for instance). However Carrier Command was both fun and technically impressive. I played that one a lot and it really made me start to think about the future and 3D gaming.

I'd also like to give recognition to Starglider and it's followup from Jez San and Argonaut Software.

These Rainbird releases from this era were very inspiring.

Edited by djmips

I'd also like to give recognition to Starglider and it's followup from Jez San and Argonaut Software.

These Rainbird releases from this era were very inspiring.

That's for sure. I was blown away the first time I saw Starglider. Rainbird had so many good releases. :lust:

Looks like Llamatron is in the lead. I've got to say that while it's a very cool and Mintery game, it doesn't stack up at all with most of the games in this list.