Photo

Atari Video Music

58 replies to this topic

#51 Blinddog OFFLINE  

Blinddog

Space Invader

• 20 posts

Posted Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:20 PM

I was working on redrawing the AVM schematic using the blurry scan that was on the Internet and verifying using my old machine. I finished the first draft some time ago and I have had the second draft done for awhile now but haven't done anything with it so I guess I should release what I have. I've gone through and doubled checked the values and I believe they are all correct but there is always a chance I missed something or mistyped but I really tried to be thorough. I never did find the value of the coil L4 I didn't see any values on the one in my machine and I cannot read the numbers on the schematic. 

Blinddog

Attached Files

#52 Rob Mitchell OFFLINE  

Rob Mitchell

River Patroller

• 2,854 posts

Posted Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:44 AM

Nicely done .. Thanks for doing this .. I have one AVM which I need to fix and this helps ..

Edited by Rob Mitchell, Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:44 AM.

#53 Nathan Strum ONLINE  

Nathan Strum

Quadrunner

• 8,360 posts
  • Enjoying a sandwich

Posted Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:49 PM

There's a company in Austin that sells modded versions of the Atari Video Music:

http://videocircuits...ideo-music.html

http://www.switchedo...ari-video-music

http://www.switchedo...ari-video-music

#54 save2600 OFFLINE  

save2600

Quadrunner

• 15,586 posts

Posted Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:30 PM

There's a company in Austin that sells modded versions of the Atari Video Music:

image.jpeg

#55 Puck Monster OFFLINE  

Puck Monster

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:24 AM

I have a Atari Video Music system.

Found an interesting called Ben Heck's Atari Video Music Teardown.

Edited by Puck Monster, Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:29 AM.

#56 Stephen ONLINE  

Stephen

Quadrunner

• 7,536 posts
  • A8 Gear Head

Posted Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:11 PM

Glad to see he fixed it, not hacked one up.  That girl with him was pretty cute.

#57 Lynxpro OFFLINE  

Lynxpro

River Patroller

• 3,736 posts

Posted Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:04 AM

Ben Heck is well-known in some circles. He does love Atari stuff too.

Last year at the Davis Atari Party, the ex-president of the SST/STAR Atari [ST] User's Group dropped by. In catching up with him - it's been nearly 20 years since I'd seen him - he mentioned a couple of years ago he picked up an Atari Video Music (AVM) at an old lady's garage sale here in Sacramento for $1. That floored me. He mentioned he might bring it at the next Party [this year].

One of our former area Atari computer dealers used to have an AVM in his collection. I think he probably got it from his sister who had worked for the original Atari Inc. It wasn't hooked up and he kept it in the original box. Someone here probably owns it now since he lost it and practically everything else back in the early 00s in the most common way men - especially hobbyists - lose everything...

#58 Stephen ONLINE  

Stephen

Quadrunner

• 7,536 posts
  • A8 Gear Head

Posted Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:46 AM

Wow - I sure wish I got mine for $1.  It's absolutely mint condition, complete in original box with switchbox, manual, everything.  I paid $251.99 for it back in April, 2007.  I finally hooked it up for the first time a few months ago.

#59 Syzygy1 OFFLINE  

Syzygy1

Moonsweeper

• 397 posts
  • Cyborg is hot.

Posted Fri Feb 8, 2019 8:46 PM

put the Chevy's Girls single in it (explanation: there was one single released from the SNL cast album and that was of the "Chevy's Girls" song from the Norman Lear episode. a-side was the song in stereo, b-side was the song in mono. I think playing the song on the Atari Video Music would break the thing, though.)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users