IGNORED

Name Richard's 2600 (and other platforms) MemCard Contest

CPUWIZ

Got a cool name?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would you even be interested in one?

• Yep, I'd buy one.
    • Nah, nothing really supports it yet.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Yep I'd buy one as soon as a game I like supports it. If the price is right I would buy one anyhow.

The names I submit are:

- Sally Save

- ASave2600

- ASave

- Sally Saver

- Save Sally

- Save Down Sally

- Late Save Sally

- Life Saver (with a rip off logo like the live savers candy logo)

- A-Daisy

- Hope to hell an RPG comes out to benifit me so I sell like hot cakes card :ponder:

- Also all the above with the words card or memory added where needed to win a free mem card :)

Edited by Shawn Sr.

A memory card for the 2600, sweet. I would name it "TRUCK-O-SAURUS" I know theres no real significance but it sounds cool. :) Oh fine I guess my real name submission would be somthing simple and to the point like "SAVE CARD BY RICHARD" but it would have a cool picture of a bat with ice flames shooting out of it's mouth on the logo somewhere as well.

I just realized that many people probably don't even know about it. Here is a link:

http://www.vectrex.biz/MemCard.htm

I'll be taking over production on these shortly and will carry them in my store, depending on interest and number of parts I order, they may even end up cheaper. No promises though.

My first thought was to give it a female name, in the classic Atari tradition.

Barring that, here are some platform-agnostic names I've thought of:

ScoreBoard

Thumbtap

J-Drive

JoyTrack

RAMPad

G-PROM

GameScribe

RAMBOard

Edited by jaybird3rd

If the price is right I would buy one anyhow.

At $10 (plus shipping and handling), they are already very affordable! :)

You should exclude me from the contest, since I already have one, but here are a few suggestions:

The Elephant (i.e., it never forgets)

The Game Saver

The Game Keeper

The Score Keeper -- or

Score Keeper Plus (because it does more than just save high scores)

On the other hand, I think "MemCard" sounds pretty good as is! :)

Michael Rideout

I'll be taking over production on these shortly and will carry them in my store, depending on interest and number of parts I order, they may even end up cheaper. No promises though.

I think that's great! I also wonder if it would be possible/feasible to modify some of the older games to add any support for the MemCard? True, most games don't have that much free space left in them for adding anything else-- and then there's all the legal/copyright/trademark/ownership issues-- but it would be cool to be able to save your "Millipede" score, or reload a "Raiders of the Lost Ark" game that you had to stop in the middle of, or set up an "Adventure" game (hide all of the objects and then lock all of the castles) and save it so you could swap your MemCard with a friend and let him/her try playing the game. :)

Michael Rideout

I think that's great! I also wonder if it would be possible/feasible to modify some of the older games to add any support for the MemCard?

Michael Rideout

The game I am currently working on will support the mem card My dumbass implementing the code pending of course. I can't decide if I want it for High Scores or Level Save State or both seeing as both are quite possible and shouldn't be that hard to work in. I Hope it will give one more reason to purchase the memcard. The more support it's shown the better I say!!!

Go LIFE SAVER go... or ah ya I mean MemCard!! I'm buying one ASAP when they come in.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

I just realized that many people probably don't even know about it. Here is a link:

http://www.vectrex.biz/MemCard.htm

This is something totally different than I was thinking, I was thinking more of a cartridge style save. I don't even really know what this is so I guess I would have to change my vote to no, sorry about that. I will vote more carefully in the future.

CX32

CX32k

Stik-N-Save

Plug and Save

2600 Redeemer

richCard, Richcard, or Rich-Card (With or without 2600 on the end, such as "richCard 2600")

Stella-state (As in Save-state)

Hero or Hero card

Master save

Variable Content Saver or V.C.S.

Save-a-Score

Stella-Score

Score and Save

Save-o-Matic

Multiplatform DB9 Saving Dongle -MDB9SD

Tim-stick :P

Prove-a-Score

Savetastic!

-Tim

How about something simple? Like AtariCard, codename Patty?

AtariCard works particularly well as there are only three, completely non-related, Google results for the name.

If that doesn't work, then how about these?

AtariSave

VCSave

Mem2600

2600 High Score Cart

SuperScore

VCSCard

2600Card

Steve

I dont think the name should be 2600 specific since it should be useable from a 7800 or even the atari 8-bit computers ;-)
I agree ... there are Atari platforms other than the 2600 that would benefit greatly from the MemCard, and the name should be platform-agnostic to reflect that. Edited by jaybird3rd