Photo

Completed: Donkey Kong Escapes

46 replies to this topic

#26 Pac Munchkin OFFLINE  

Pac Munchkin

Moonsweeper

• 329 posts

Posted Tue Aug 8, 2006 11:27 PM

I was going to make a Forbidden Planet hack out of G.I.Joe but never got around to doing anything. The set-up is near perfect.

You can still do that, I am using a different game. I won't have alot of time to work on it for a couple weeks but the "Robby" sprite look cool (if I do say so myself) and YES you are Robby in this game :)

HINT: It's not Texas Chainsaw or Halloween :D

COOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL YES that sounds great Forbidden Planet!!!!! :cool: :D

Wade

#27 SalemFrost7800 OFFLINE  

SalemFrost7800

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 835 posts

Posted Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:13 PM

Robby The Robot

RR5.gif

Edited by usinoh, Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:13 PM.

#28 neotokeo2001 OFFLINE  

neotokeo2001

River Patroller

• 2,924 posts

Posted Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:00 PM

Robby The Robot

RR5.gif

Journey Escape?

#29 SalemFrost7800 OFFLINE  

SalemFrost7800

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 835 posts

Posted Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:21 AM

Robby The Robot

RR5.gif

Journey Escape?

Maybe :ponder:

#30 SalemFrost7800 OFFLINE  

SalemFrost7800

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 835 posts

Posted Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:34 AM

The carts have been sent!! Sorry for the slight delay but the carts are in the mail. I only sold 7 so you each have a 1 in 7 chance of winning the FREE SALEM FROST GAME!!! Good Luck to each of you and Thanks for supporting this limited Cart release.

I still have 1 Cart available if anyone would like to purchase the last one please send me a personal message.

#31 jetset OFFLINE  

jetset

Quadrunner

• 11,235 posts

Posted Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:22 AM

The carts have been sent!! Sorry for the slight delay but the carts are in the mail. I only sold 7 so you each have a 1 in 7 chance of winning the FREE SALEM FROST GAME!!! Good Luck to each of you and Thanks for supporting this limited Cart release.

I still have 1 Cart available if anyone would like to purchase the last one please send me a personal message.

Posted Image Sweet.

#32 jetset OFFLINE  

jetset

Quadrunner

• 11,235 posts

Posted Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:43 PM

Got mine today. Very neat! I especially like that it's in a Coleco cart!!!

#33 SalemFrost7800 OFFLINE  

SalemFrost7800

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 835 posts

Posted Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:50 AM

Glad you like the game, I thought the coleco cart did add a certain feel of realism to the release. Did you like the Donkey Kong Cards?

Edited by usinoh, Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:51 AM.

#34 jetset OFFLINE  

jetset

Quadrunner

• 11,235 posts

Posted Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:43 PM

Glad you like the game, I thought the coleco cart did add a certain feel of realism to the release. Did you like the Donkey Kong Cards?

Yeah that was cute! Gum was stale though. :ponder:

:D

#35 Pac Munchkin OFFLINE  

Pac Munchkin

Moonsweeper

• 329 posts

Posted Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:27 AM

Robby needs some sight work to get it looking a little more like Robby but with the pixel limitation maybe that is not possible what I am thinking.

The sides are very smooth and straight I was thinking a few indentations around the legs and body to look a little more like Robby?

Can it be done how many pixels are for each leg, if only two then it can't unless offset.

Wade

#36 SalemFrost7800 OFFLINE  

SalemFrost7800

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 835 posts

Posted Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:06 PM

Pre-order for a Limited Edition Cart Release of

DONKEY KONG ESCAPES

There will only be 10 carts in this release, Included will be cart with label and instruction manual. If demand is high enough I may do a wide release later with the Salem Frost Box, Labels and Manuals but if I do that I will alter the graphics of the game in some way to insure these 10 carts remain Limited. Also any future release will contain all new art work for the labels, manual and Box Cover. If you are interested in a cart please send me a personal message.

#1. gambler172 (Paid)
#2. neotokeo2001 (Paid)
#3. chuys450 (Paid)
#4. Wonder007 (Paid)
#5. jay2068 (Paid)
#6. jetset (Paid)
#7. Marc Oberhäuser (Paid)
#8.
#9. Usinoh
#10. Ebay

Posted Image

And taking a page from Neo's Fast Food Kaboom cart sale, I will be randomly including 1 (one) vouchure for a free SALEM FROST GAME and it will be the winners choice of either a free AMITYVILLE HORROR or BLAIR WITCH PROJECT Game complete with Box, Manual and Labels!!!

Posted Image

Congrats to JETSET for winning a FREE Amityville cart!!!!

#37 SalemFrost7800 OFFLINE  

SalemFrost7800

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 835 posts

Posted Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:51 AM

All 10 carts have been sold and this Limited Edition Run is officially over.

Thanks to Everyone who supported this Cart Release.

#38 gambler172 OFFLINE  

gambler172

River Patroller

• 2,509 posts
  • none

Posted Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:25 PM

Hi Tim
got mine today.Really great work :)
greetings Walter

#39 jetset OFFLINE  

jetset

Quadrunner

• 11,235 posts

Posted Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:25 PM

Pre-order for a Limited Edition Cart Release of

DONKEY KONG ESCAPES

There will only be 10 carts in this release, Included will be cart with label and instruction manual. If demand is high enough I may do a wide release later with the Salem Frost Box, Labels and Manuals but if I do that I will alter the graphics of the game in some way to insure these 10 carts remain Limited. Also any future release will contain all new art work for the labels, manual and Box Cover. If you are interested in a cart please send me a personal message.

#1. gambler172 (Paid)
#2. neotokeo2001 (Paid)
#3. chuys450 (Paid)
#4. Wonder007 (Paid)
#5. jay2068 (Paid)
#6. jetset (Paid)
#7. Marc Oberhäuser (Paid)
#8.
#9. Usinoh
#10. Ebay

Posted Image

And taking a page from Neo's Fast Food Kaboom cart sale, I will be randomly including 1 (one) vouchure for a free SALEM FROST GAME and it will be the winners choice of either a free AMITYVILLE HORROR or BLAIR WITCH PROJECT Game complete with Box, Manual and Labels!!!

Posted Image

Congrats to JETSET for winning a FREE Amityville cart!!!!

AND of course, for being a super-cool guy. :cool:

Or...at least not terminally lame.

#40 Atari Dogs OFFLINE  

Atari Dogs

Stargunner

• 1,523 posts

Posted Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:29 PM

I know. This is long dead thread, but I have been playing it for about a week again. I just can't complete it. I keep falling in the large hole on the fifth and sixth screen. I am flying through the first four levels now. :D

It is a great little game. Plus I never had Frankenstein's Monster, so it is not really a hack to me. One question for you, Tim (I have not seen you here in a while, so I don't know if you will respond) were is the timer? Donkey Kong does not changed color as he is struck by lightning. On the copy I burned, I went in and made him a darker color as he wakes up.

I was not able to get one of the cartridges when they were for sale, so I had to program a copy for myself. Attached is the label I had been working off and on for it. It needs a little work, but it will fit a Coleco cartridge. I would like to give Salem Frost some credit on the label, but I can't change the type very well. Do the AA boards fit in Coleco cartridges, or do they just work in Atari cases?

Attached Thumbnails

• c_DonkeyKongEscapes2_Coleco_front.JPG

Edited by Atari Dogs, Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:31 PM.

#41 lucifershalo OFFLINE  

lucifershalo

River Patroller

• 2,645 posts

Posted Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:43 AM

yes, really fun hack
when a second edition cart release?

#42 Atari Dogs OFFLINE  

Atari Dogs

Stargunner

• 1,523 posts

Posted Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:42 AM

yes, really fun hack
when a second edition cart release?

If I can get my label done, I will talk with Tim if he will let me release a cartridge and manual.

#43 SalemFrost7800 OFFLINE  

SalemFrost7800

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 835 posts

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:11 AM

One question for you, Tim (I have not seen you here in a while, so I don't know if you will respond) were is the timer? Donkey Kong does not changed color as he is struck by lightning. On the copy I burned, I went in and made him a darker color as he wakes up.

I was not able to get one of the cartridges when they were for sale, so I had to program a copy for myself. Attached is the label I had been working off and on for it. It needs a little work, but it will fit a Coleco cartridge. I would like to give Salem Frost some credit on the label, but I can't change the type very well. Do the AA boards fit in Coleco cartridges, or do they just work in Atari cases?

Hello, it's been a long time since I made this hack but I do remember locating all the colors for Frankenstein/Donkey Kong and making it so he stayed the same color. I would like to see your version. The AA board will fit in the coleco cartridges no problem. Maybe we can collaborate on a second edition cart release with your new label and the color changes you made. Also we could ask Albert if he can make the carts and manuals.

Edited by SalemFrost7800, Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:12 AM.

#44 GideonsDad OFFLINE  

GideonsDad

Moonsweeper

• 317 posts

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:51 AM

Outstanding work! I always liked Frankenstein's Monster and this make it all the more interesting (I do not a lot of brusing up to do ^_^)! Thank you SalemFrost!

GideonsDad

#45 SalemFrost7800 OFFLINE  

SalemFrost7800

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 835 posts

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:50 AM

Outstanding work! I always liked Frankenstein's Monster and this make it all the more interesting (I do not a lot of brusing up to do ^_^)! Thank you SalemFrost!

GideonsDad

Your welcome, I had alot of fun making this hack and I think the final product turned out really good :cool:

#46 Lord Helmet OFFLINE  

Lord Helmet

AtariAge Anomaly

• 9,877 posts

Posted Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:15 PM

This is one of my favorite hacks :)

#47 Vgamester OFFLINE  

Vgamester

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:42 AM

this is by far the best donk kong hacks i've EVER seen....

congrats....

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users