I started changing random values in the Defender II rom, and I think I'm well on my way to getting a 'Defender Arcade' hack going.
So far things changed:
1) Title Screen
2) Removed enemies that were in Stargate but not in Defender
3) Changed the 'Firebomber' into the 'Bomber' (it was the closest one)
4) Removed Inviso
5) Removed Stargate from screen
6) Removed 'Bonus Stages' (Yllabian Dog Fight, etc)
7) Changed Scoring for Pod (s/b 1000 points, not 500)
Changed Scoring for picking up falling humanoids (not cumulative, 500 points each time)
9) Remove 'Phred' and 'Big Red' and replace with Baiter
Things to do:
1) Remove 'Stargate' from Scanner view (I most likely will need help with this one)
Disassembly included with my comments on what I found.
Edited by PacManPlus, Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:14 PM.