IGNORED

YB Games store, please help raise funds for Metro Blaster.

T2KFREEKER

Well, stupid us, we are still working on Metro Blaster, but not realizing how much this was going to cost us, I have been forced to open a store up at Cafe Press. I have designed a few really cool things, or so I think. The money made off of these items, which will not be a whole hell of alot, but every little bit helps, will go directly to Metro Blaster and further developement of the game! If at all possible, we are really pushing for this to be as professional as possible, including the possibility of Glass Mastered discs instead of CD-R's and also the big box with the cardboard pack box like the official Jaguar releases on CD. Pleaase, even if you only order a mini button, that's a buck. If everyone ordered one off of this site, well, it adds up for us and damn, it helps with the game and supplies for the game.

Thanx',

Jason Greene

Art Director

YB Games

http://www.cafepress.com/ybgames

Well, stupid us, we are still working on Metro Blaster, but not realizing how much this was going to cost us, I have been forced to open a store up at Cafe Press. I have designed a few really cool things, or so I think. The money made off of these items, which will not be a whole hell of alot, but every little bit helps, will go directly to Metro Blaster and further developement of the game! If at all possible, we are really pushing for this to be as professional as possible, including the possibility of Glass Mastered discs instead of CD-R's and also the big box with the cardboard pack box like the official Jaguar releases on CD. Pleaase, even if you only order a mini button, that's a buck. If everyone ordered one off of this site, well, it adds up for us and damn, it helps with the game and supplies for the game.

Thanx',

Jason Greene

Art Director

YB Games

Nice stuff. Where are the thongs and assless chaps?

Thanx',

Jason Greene

Art Director

YB Games

I don't think that assless chaps would be a very good idea as they chafe your ass cheeks! ;)

Thanx',

Jason Greene

Art Director

YB Games

:lol:

Thanx',

Jason Greene

Art Director

YB Games

Hi T2kFREEKER,

can you tell something about the exact status of Metro Blaster?

Is the game almost done (so you need the money for publishing ?)

What is cost intense beside publishing (manual,box,Glass Mastered CD,etc)?

At this point we luckily haven't have to spend any money for our project, just some free time and I hope this doesn't change.

regards

Holger

Hi!

Of course you need dev hardware and software to work on the project. Do you mean that by cost intense?

Except for that I wouldn't see much reason why it would cost much money. Only time.

Of course it highly depends on the genre of the project. For Star Alliance I just had to spend money for the hardware, software tools and of course CDRs to burn test discs and stuff like that. So it wasn't too much.

With Eerievale it's a whole different story, so far it has cost me a fortune, for tools, test cds, but most impoortantly books and other research and development materials.

At some point I had a cafepress store too, but I never got any money from it, as there wasn't enough interest. So I gave up on trying to get money back from the development of Eerievale. That's why I'm just doing it for fun these days. Such huge projects like Eerievale or other complex adventure or roleplaying games are much too complex, time consuming and expensive to do develop, if you hope to get money back.

Anyway, I hope you have more luck with your cafepress store.

Regards, Lars.

Hi!

At some point I had a cafepress store too, but I never got any money from it, as there wasn't enough interest. Anyway, I hope you have more luck with your cafepress store.

Regards, Lars.

That's because you didn't carry the assless chaps we were screaming for. They'da went like hotcakes. :D

Edited by JagChris

Hello T2K,

Well, stupid us, we are still working on Metro Blaster, but not realizing how much this was going to cost us, I have been forced to open a store up at Cafe Press.
What sort of costs have you encountered? If you are developing for CD, do not mislead yourself that you need the official Alpine - you can develop for CD just as easily with a BJL modified Jag (which is what I presume you have) as the CD games use only RAM same as BJL games. You can also drive the CD drive no problem with the BJL, Matthias has done his CD games that way.

I have designed a few really cool things, or so I think. The money made off of these items, which will not be a whole hell of alot, but every little bit helps, will go directly to Metro Blaster and further developement of the game!
It seems everybody has a Café Press store right now, didn't Belboz just open one just recently... and now I believe the Jaguar must be a hot topic on that site!

If at all possible, we are really pushing for this to be as professional as possible, including the possibility of Glass Mastered discs instead of CD-R's and also the big box with the cardboard pack box like the official Jaguar releases on CD. Pleaase, even if you only order a mini button, that's a buck. If everyone ordered one off of this site, well, it adds up for us and damn, it helps with the game and supplies for the game.
On things like the box and the glass mastered CD, wouldn't it be better to handle the purchase cost of these things through accepting pre-orders when the time comes? How about selling a version of the game for fans which only loads from CD or uploads from BJL, if you're at that stage.

Personally, I'd rather see some screenshots before I buy any game "souvenirs", sorry.

Cheers, and good luck anyway, I paid $1100 and USA->UK shipping for my first Alpine.

JustClaws.

No biggie, it's all good. The problems here is that there are no screen shots yet as alot of the srtwork is done, but we do not have the DEV tools to get it running on the Jaguar, although that is changing now as the point with the BJL was brought to my attention last night, so that took a load off of my chest, let me tell you that much. Alot of this is my timing here, I jumped the gun when I announced the game and should have waited to annopunce it as people assumed that we were so far done with the game, I actually announced this project when we were still in the preparation stages of the game. The game will release, and that's that, I was just starting to panic a bit because we were running into that whole, "Oh Shit, we have to have an Alpine" to program the game. Good news is, well, we found out that isn't quite true. So, once things get going again, we shall be chatting some more as basically the missing Alpine had stopped the train. Events out of our control caused slippage, I'll just leave it at that. :D

I can see your point. I think that, I had many problems. I started out with a PC, running win 95 with 8MB ram, 1 GB Harddrive, which was not enough to run the PDFs or anything on the libraries. I then bought a 'new' PC, and got a copy of Win ME. For months ridiculous errors plagued me, until Starcat suggested WinME was the problem - it was( I wrote my first arcade game in Spectrum Basic aged 10- which was rubbish but it worked. I'd skive off college and write programs in C and install them fully working on their systems instead of doing my work!) I could not even compile small C programmes and little bugs you should get when autoexec isn't properly configured - I never got.

Obviously, Win 2000/ME aren't configured for Jag (Dos) and 2000 is I feel very expensive, so I bought a new copy of win 98. The 98 disk was older than the hardware in my PC so I could only get 16 colours and no sound - NOT an environment for JAguar coding unless you're aiming for tosh. So I moved to Linux ( a massive headache). I use BJL. But where the art is concerned, the costs CAN rocket. I am looking at differing methods - and the cost of materials can get scary and intimidating. IT IS a hobby after all.

In brief, I feel it can get expensive and out of hand. If you are using pencil ( GIVE ME A CALL!!!!! ElrondPegg@yahoo.co.uk - I'm great!!!!!!)

I can see where you're coming from. But, look back. If you take your CV - in a short time you can add something most people can only dream of to it.

THONGS!!! :)

btw... Metroblaster seems to be the ONLY jaguar game in development that aroused my interest really :)

We'll get T2K squared away. Then we want him cracking the whip on Acdimalev over there. Feed him sporadically. No sleep.

Let his back chafe under the restless lash of your whip!! :evil:

Edited by JagChris

THONGS!!! :)

btw... Metroblaster seems to be the ONLY jaguar game in development that aroused my interest really :)

We'll get T2K squared away. Then we want him cracking the whip on Acdimalev over there. Feed him sporadically. No sleep.

Let his back chafe under the restless lash of your whip!! :evil:

The day is coming . . .