Photo

Atari 2600 GUI

155 replies to this topic

#151 gHan2000 OFFLINE  

gHan2000

Space Invader

• 41 posts

Posted Sat Sep 4, 2010 7:45 AM

...does anyone have any ideas on what I could do to improve this?

...anyone? :ponder:

Maybe Atari OS should be an adapter, where you put a cartridge in the adapter's slot, then an icon pops up on you desktop and you can play the game by selecting it. Maybe even multiple slots! (If there is still space) Other than gaming, a simple ''sleep mode'' where the screen turns black until you push fire. And how about a browser that goes the the AtariAge website, so you can download simple games for your Atari OS.

#152 Silntdoogood OFFLINE  

Silntdoogood

Chopper Commander

• 142 posts

Posted Sat Sep 4, 2010 11:33 AM

...does anyone have any ideas on what I could do to improve this?

...anyone? :ponder:

Maybe Atari OS should be an adapter, where you put a cartridge in the adapter's slot, then an icon pops up on you desktop and you can play the game by selecting it. Maybe even multiple slots! (If there is still space) Other than gaming, a simple ''sleep mode'' where the screen turns black until you push fire. And how about a browser that goes the the AtariAge website, so you can download simple games for your Atari OS.

That would actually be amazing if it were possible! Set up the equivalent of the NES M82 for an atari!

#153 supercat OFFLINE  

supercat

Quadrunner

• 6,401 posts

Posted Sat Sep 4, 2010 6:27 PM

One probably could program a GUI on the Harmony cartridge, and use it to launch games stored on the SD card.

#154 gHan2000 OFFLINE  

gHan2000

Space Invader

• 41 posts

Posted Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:57 AM

Forget my overly advanced thinking, I thought you worked at AtariAge or something. ;)

Do you know how to program games that use two different controllers? Bucket/Numbermind said that you should use the Keyboard Controller. (A.K.A Keypad Controller) If you could do that, then you should use the Joystick plug into the left slot and function as the mouse (already programmed) and have the Keyboard Controller plug into the right slot and function as the keyboard. It would have to be used like a Keypad on a cellphone though. That way you could add games like Simon, Internet, Typing program, etc.

Are you still working on this? I see that your post is from 2006.

Do you have the latest update as .bin file?

Also, I still think there should be a sleep mode that would save power. Since I think the screensaver would probably just be flashing colors.

Edited by gHan2000, Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:59 AM.

#155 31336haxx0r OFFLINE  

31336haxx0r

Dragonstomper

• 516 posts

Posted Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:26 PM

I know this thread is rather old, but how about adding mouse support for ST mice? I have the source code around here somewhere for a routine that does this on the XL/XE using PM graphics.

#156 b bierman ghoul OFFLINE  

b bierman ghoul

Space Invader

• 18 posts

Posted Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:02 AM

Wow, this is cool.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users