IGNORED

Virtual Boy Multicart?

Tempest

• 4 weeks later...

You wouldn't want to have to hang that thing from your forehead. That would mess up your neck much faster than the tripod. It's just too heavy to wear.

The best way to use a VB is to lie on your back and rest it on your face.

Yeah but it falls off too easily. I've tried that. The lack of a nose piece is the big problem.

Tempest

I thought of the lamp Idea, but I never wanted to pay up for a stand that cost more than my VB did new.

One of my friends moded his with an old Football helmet, once he got the weight in back, it worked great too. I know a lot of poeple will dis this as being an instant neck ache, but most people would be surprised at what different parts of your body will hold up easily if it's properly ballanced.

There are a number of old "VR" LCD games that sold really cheap a few years ago. They come with the full "VR headset" that has the strong strap in the back of the head. I have one in my basement somewhere, a really crappy baseball game. It could be adapted for a VB without tons of trouble, I would think, if someone really wanted to wear it.

There are a number of old "VR" LCD games that sold really cheap a few years ago. They come with the full "VR headset" that has the strong strap in the back of the head. I have one in my basement somewhere, a really crappy baseball game. It could be adapted for a VB without tons of trouble, I would think, if someone really wanted to wear it.

Wearing it sounds like a bad idea, the slightest jolt can damage the shutters, thats kinda why they made the system a tabletop so you didn't move it much.

Wearing it sounds like a bad idea, the slightest jolt can damage the shutters, thats kinda why they made the system a tabletop so you didn't move it much.

Shutters? You mean like shutter glasses? The VB don't need no stinking shutters! :) The VB uses two separate screens and ensures that each eye only sees one (like a stereoptican) for its 3D effect...

Hey Richard, if you need someone to test a proto for you, I'm willing to make the sacrifice...

if you need someone to test a proto for you, I'm willing to make the sacrifice...

I'll probably send one around a few people (like I'm currently doing with the VecFlashUSB). That way it gets tested on many different computers + setups.

The PCB's are due here tomorrow, I'll build it up later in the day and then work on the firm / soft ware over the weekend.

I'll probably send one around a few people (like I'm currently doing with the VecFlashUSB). That way it gets tested on many different computers + setups.

The PCB's are due here tomorrow, I'll build it up later in the day and then work on the firm / soft ware over the weekend.

That's awesome. Glad to see you're going through with this project. Can't wait!

Shutters? You mean like shutter glasses? The VB don't need no stinking shutters! :) The VB uses two separate screens and ensures that each eye only sees one (like a stereoptican) for its 3D effect...

Hey Richard, if you need someone to test a proto for you, I'm willing to make the sacrifice...

It actually doesn't have a screen, in the scense of a X by Y grid of pixels. It actually only has one line of pixels and has a mirror that spins around it to make the scanlines that you see. And those are pretty easy to damage.

if you need someone to test a proto for you, I'm willing to make the sacrifice...

Cool, I wouldn't mind being a tester if you had some.

Myro PCB did a really good job on the PCB, the thing actually fits the case :-o

Anyway, here's a pic of the fully built PCB, and the board in the case.

Just discovered Microchip are bringing out a new USB PIC with more i/o's, so the next revision will have only 2 chips.

The pin headers at the top right / left are for programming the chips in-circuit, they'll probably disappear on the final board.

post-2630-1170948769_thumb.jpg

post-2630-1170948784_thumb.jpg