IGNORED

Programming ST

What are the options available with regard to programming languages & environments for the st platform? If anyone could point me in the direction of some good resources, it would be greatly appreciated. (Yes, I am thinking of doing some homebrews)

quote:

Originally posted by Noble Kale:

What are the options available with regard to programming languages & environments for the st platform? If anyone could point me in the direction of some good resources, it would be greatly appreciated. (Yes, I am thinking of doing some homebrews)

GFA Basic is excellent. There is also STOS, Pascal, C and Assembler.

Depending on how processor intensive your game is, I would give GFA a whirl. Its a great language.

I too reccommend GFA. It's easy to learn and adaptable to your level of programming. It's structured (procedures, functions, with variable passing to and from each), fast, and features various ways to accomplish the same task, some of which are slower, some, faster and lower-level. It can incorporate assembler subroutines for fast core routines, store subroutines and data inline, and has all the power and performance you could ever want out of a high level language. It's definitely the best high-level language I've tried for the ST.