IGNORED

Please, Continue!

MausBoy

This is just a quick Thank You thread for Batari, to let you know how much I appreciate the work you've done. I can't believe how much I enjoy programming with bB, it's like being a kid with my Apple IIe all over again. It's given me the priceless opportunity to do something I dreamed of back then; not knowing at the time that the 2600 would have a limited shelf-life, and it distracts me from anything that's on my mind and puts me in a good mood.

I don't know if you've gotten all the positive feedback you deserve for such an insanely complicated project, or very much help with completing it, but I hope you continue with it.

Everyone else who appreciates bB should post a quick note to let Batari know his work isn't going unnoticed. I only say that because I'm kind of underwhelmed with the amount of new projects; it seems like this would blow 2600 hacks out of the water, but that forum is still busier. Are most people just waiting for a full 1.0 release or what?

My eternal gratitude for the same reasons! :) When I succumbed to the temptation to look into the Atari 2600 homebrew scene, I was all set for a long, painful trek into the bowels of assembly language. When I found bBasic, I was in heaven. Instead of wrestling with the minor details of building a functional kernel and and converting familiar programming structures into assembly, I was able to jump right into the fun stuff -- experimenting with how sprites and joysticks worked and thinking of how I could put them together into a game.

I haven't even looked into the .99 versions, and I'm still plumbing the depths of usefulness that the system has. I think melbourne tatty is a reasonably fleshed-out action/arcade game, and I'm already beginning to muse over my next project.

This is an unbelievable boon to the hobby. I think everyone should get to try bBasic as their introduction to Atari 2600 homebrew.

If it weren't for bBASIC, I would have never gotten started making my own fun little homebrew things, and I probably wouldn't even be in the AtariAge forum still. Yes, thanks a lot, Batari, for lowering the bar for Atari 2600 programming and releasing this wonderful program that has made me happy for a couple months now and many years to come.

100 BatariBasic + me = very happy : goto 100

Without Batari BASIC, I would never have fulfilled my childhood dream of designing a game for a home console... a game I can actually hold in my hands and stick into my Atari 2600 whenever I want. The compiler is a fantastic tool for beginning homebrew game developers and a huge blessing to the retro gaming community as a whole. Thanks, Batari!

JR

Edited by Jess Ragan