IGNORED

How many lynx games do you have?

ganonbanned

I've slowed down quite a bit. Currently I have 104 total but only 81 unique titles. The ones I'm currently need to get (although not actively looking, like I said I slowed down :) ) are:

Retail

Super Off-Road

Raiden

Ninja Gaiden III

Krazy Ace Minature Golf (why I'm not sure :P )

Hyperdrome

Dinolympics

Blue Lightning demo

Homebrew/Proto

Driving School Theory Test (again not sure why)

TNT Terry (I'll probably never see this one :( )

Remnant; Plana Wars 3-D

Puzzler 2000 (was this released on cart?)

Lynx Reloaded

LGSS

Road Riot 4WD

Marlboro Go

Lynx Diagnostic

Loopz

Eye of the Beholder (I'll probably never see this one :( )

Daemonsgate

Cybervirus (Cinciclassic edition, I have 2 of the final)

Crystal Mines II: Buried Treasure (I have the CD but not the cart version)

Aliens vs Preditor

Pokermania

Alpine Games

oh, and anything else that comes out or is found :D

Edited by glitch

I now have 25 different Lynx games.

Starting with when I got my Lynx in 1992 at Age 9:

Baseball Heroes

Blue Lightning

California Games (one with dimples, one curved lip)

Hockey

Ninja Gaiden

Roadblasters

Warbirds

Zarlor Mercenary (last gift from my grandmother <3)

I had a pretty good mix of games, I think. Those are all quality games, except for Baseball Heroes. Within a year I wanted more, but the associate at EB said they were no longer carrying Lynx software and Atari had stopped making Lynxes. I took this as a hint to search for whatever Lynx games were left at stores in the area. I found a single game I didn't own, but at least it was only a dollar at Kay-Bee.

Rygar

It wasn't until our household got AOL in late 1996 that the thought occured to me to find more Lynx games. In either 1997 or 1998 I stumbled upon Video Game Liquidators' website and got the following $10 games:

Awesome Golf

Batman Returns

Basketbrawl

Jimmy Connors Tennis

Ms. Pac-Man

NFL Football

Qix

World Class Fussball/Soccer

At least Awesome Golf, Qix, and Ms. Pac-Man are really good from that bunch. Basketbrawl, NFL, and World Class Soccer are some true stinkers... Shortly after I got these games, my Lynx sat in its case mostly untouched for six years. Starting with Playstation, video games had become my number one hobby and I had plenty to distract me from ol' Lynxie Pie. I won't list all the junk I bought (5 different handhelds alone). In '04 I stopped neglecting my Lynx and took it to college with me. I bought a batch of the cheapest games available on eBay:

Crystal Mines II

Gates of Zendocon

Hydra

Kung Food

Steel Talons

Tournament Cyberball

Xybots

After that, I added my most current Lynx game. I read an article about this game somewhere, which mentioned it as a precursor to the Twisted Metal types. Having both in-, and out-of-car combat appealed to me. I bought a new copy on ebay of:

Battlewheels

Over the past couple of weeks I've been playing my Lynx again (mostly Qix and Jimmy Connors Tennis) and pining for more software, reading many of Robert Jung's Lynx game reviews. I'm waiting for the following Lynx stuff to arrive:

A used Lynx II!

Checkered Flag

Chip's Challenge

European Soccer Challenge

Ishido

Klax

Shanghai

Super Squeek

Ultimate Chess

My Lynx has a lot of sentimental value and I look forward to spending the time with it I feel I should have a long time ago. I especially need to go back and beat some of the games that handed my ass to me as a kid: Blue Lightning, Ninja Gaiden, Warbirds, Zarlor Mercenary... I'm looking at you.

Once Songbird (re?)stocks the Alpine Games Bonus Cart, I'll get that, too.

I have 4 Lynx games at the moment. I used to have around 50 but now down to Warbirds, Ishido, Checkered Flag, Joust. Once I have 30 boxed Ishidos but sold them really cheap on ebay. I hope to get a couple of more Lynx games in the future and would especially like to get Shanghai.

Cheers,

Nubian.

Once Songbird (re?)stocks the Alpine Games Bonus Cart, I'll get that, too.

It's back in stock as of today. :D Note that the Alpines Game Bonus is completely different content than Alpine Games (just for reference).

I'm still waiting on more Lynx Reloaded carts, but they should be here in a week or so...

Haha, thanks for the warning. I guess it's a little devious of Duranik to be calling it the Alpine Games Bonus Cart then.

I was thinking it contained the full Alpine Games game plus the all the demos which was silly to think considering how large Alpine Games is by itself.

Me? I have 20 games for it. Yes, I got one of the songbird packages for $90 a few years back. Chips Challenge died on me, and I bought a copy of Lemmings, which I've played a helluv a lot. So the number stayed the same :P

BTW, in case you didn't know. Lynx games, placed back to back fit perfectly into Nintendo GameBoy game cases :D

Edited by Video

I use a bunch of Baseball card plastic boxes....

Take a look:

post-3390-1157943386_thumb.jpg

post-3390-1157943492_thumb.jpg

I have all of the Lynx game boxes as well... along with multiple systems.

I just have them stored away. Sadly... none of the homebrews or other carts. Just commercial relesed stuff

Here are my spares.. but I will be dealing these off soon!

post-3390-1157943695_thumb.jpg

post-3390-1157943771_thumb.jpg

post-3390-1157943854_thumb.jpg

post-3390-1157944092_thumb.jpg

Edited by EricDeLee

I use a bunch of Baseball card plastic boxes....

Take a look:

I have all of the Lynx game boxes as well... along with multiple systems.

I just have them stored away. Sadly... none of the homebrews or other carts. Just commercial relesed stuff

Here are my spares.. but I will be dealing these off soon!

Once upon a time I had some of the original full-sized boxes with the original box that my Lynx I came in. I even recently had another tiff with my mother about their disposal, that the boxes make the games worth more to collectors... I don't think she was amused :)

So, EricDeLee...you'll give us notice before those games go up for sale, right? ;)

I've got about 55-60 Lynx carts, with maybe 5 or so being doubles, plus the homebrew "Remnant" as well. Most of these I bought brand new back then and got a good deal package of 20 or so off ebay a couple years ago with the large official carrying case.

Edited by geosteve

I've got everything except EoTB, that unreleased Bomberman clone, Metal Mutant, Lode Runner, Relief Pitcher,three Telegames releases, and the Marlboro Go! and Dragnet demos.

I don't know of anyone who has a collection complete with P.I.T.S. (boxed, instructions), EoTB, Lode Runner, and Metal Mutant. My money's on Tempest to be the first. :D

Edited by davidcalgary29

Hmm, which reminds me. I haven't seen a P.I.T.S. for sale for ages. The last one was about 2 years ago or something (although i haven't been really active in scouting for one though)..

I bought my complete, boxed P.I.T.S. from a fellow AAer close to four years ago. I haven't seen another boxed (encased?) copy offered up for sale, although bare carts occasionally appear on ebay.de. I believe that they typically sell in the range of about 60-75 Euros.

I bought my complete, boxed P.I.T.S. from a fellow AAer close to four years ago. I haven't seen another boxed (encased?) copy offered up for sale, although bare carts occasionally appear on ebay.de. I believe that they typically sell in the range of about 60-75 Euros.

I think the same guys that did T-Tris and S.I.M.I.S. make those bare carts on request (and charge about half of that price for doing so).

I think the same guys that did T-Tris and S.I.M.I.S. make those bare carts on request (and charge about half of that price for doing so).

You're right, of course; I'd completely forgotten about that. :)

My collection, such as it is, is hardly impressive. Qix, Pitfighter, Xybots, California Games, and Stun Runner.

Qix is decent, though a lot harder than the 5200 version. Otherwise, I'm just not terribly impressed with the whole thing.....Maybe its my games....

It's your games (although S.T.U.N. Runner is amazing). Get Klax, Loopz, Blue Lightning, Chip's Challenge, Electrocop, Checkered Flag, and Scrapyard Dog (my fave!) and then come back and give us an update on your experience. :D