IGNORED

Do you own an arcade machine?

Rhindle The Red

Do you own an arcade machine?  

390 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own an arcade machine?

• Yes. The Genuine Article.
    • Yes. One of those "reproduction-type" things.
    • No. But I've always wanted one.
    • No. But I used to.
    • No. I'm not interested.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a few. I think they started breeding after I purchased my second machine...

Asteroids Deluxe

Battlezone

Centipede

Mario Bros (narrow body conversion, power supply just went out)

NeoGeo MVS (4-slot with a small stack of carts and a multi-cart)

Omega Race (board died a while back, need to poke and prod it again)

Space Invaders Deluxe

Star Wars

Tempest (monitor died in it a few months ago)

X-Men (4-player)

I also have a few project machines:

Galaga (needs a monitor and control panel)

Multi-CPS2 (currently putting a cap kit on the monitor, houses Marvel Super Heroes, X-Men Children of the Atom and X-Men vs Street Fighter)

Multi fighter (needs a new monitor, houses Soul Calibur, Street Fighter II and Tekken 2)

Nintendo Sheriff cocktail (won't power on)

Omega Race (a second one with board issues)

Stern Meteor pinball

Just enough to keep me out of trouble (or in trouble, depending on who you ask :D).

i have a fully-working dedicated Double Dragon machine, although it's not 100% dedicated as i swap out games on it.

then there's the two broken ones i took from someone's curb (Donkey Kong & Space Invaders)

and then my cousin gave me a (japanese) Taito Egret 29 machine which has a few minor issues with controls but the A/V is flawless.

oh i almost forgot i have a mini cabinet that built from scratch, although it is it's own system, it still counts. but i won't count my iCade accesory.

so that's 2 working, 1 mostly working, and 2 broken.

Edited by bomberpunk

As of tomorrow I will have an arcade machine again! I will be picking up a nice Killer Instinct 2 in the morning. It (along with the first one) is a cabinet in particular I've always wanted to own. It has a good sized screen, a nice, open control panel, and the cabinet art is pretty nice. It's also JAMMA, so I will be able to finally make use of the couple of boards I held onto from the last time I had an arcade machine (a Street Fighter II CE).

I have three cabs in the garage:

- 25" Capcom dynamo w/ X-men vs SF artwork. General use horizontal JAMMA cab

- Guerrilla War cab with swappable control panels... one panel with original rotary sticks and one with 2 sanwa sticks. Sanwa stick panel is for vertical JAMMA

- Millipede (needs a new power supply)

Also have a 29" multisync RGB monitor, supergun, and consolized Naomi in my gameroom. :)

I'm afraid to count how many arcade PCBs I've accumulated.

Does my Bride of Pinbot pinball table count? I'd love to have a few video machines though. I have a Mame setup of sorts, with an X-arcade, but it's not the same. Problem for me is that all my favorites either use Vector monitors, weird control schemes or both. That makes emulation somewhat tricky. If I had my dream setup, at the very least it would have to include a Star Wars, a Tron, and a Spy Hunter.

I've been thinking about getting one over the past couple years since I can actually afford one now, unfortunately we currently live in a small apartment. I've already told my wife that when we get a house, I'm going to buy a Ms. Pac-man and a Pop'n Music machine, the newest version I can get. She just rolled her eyes...

I have two classics: Gauntlet (4 player) and Ms. Pac-man (upgraded to add Pac-man, Fast Pac-man and Fast Ms Pac-man as well as high score saves).

I have a "Extreme Arcade" (with 50 games) from Chicago Gaming Company purchased at Sears circa 2007. Came in a big box and had to put it all together.

I also have a PC running Mame so I can try different games that I might want to purchase.

Bill

post-188-0-31725000-1358532254_thumb.jpg

post-188-0-72988800-1358532256_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Tron

Star Wars Trilogy

Dragon's Lair

Dragon's Lair II

Popeye

R-type

Teamplay Centipede/Millipede/Missile Command

Street Fighter Anniversary