Photo

Are there any games in your collection for systems you don't own?

80 replies to this topic

Poll: Are there any games in your collection for systems you don't own? (150 member(s) have cast votes)

Are there any games in your collection for systems you don't own?

1. Yes, lots. (13 votes [8.67%])

Percentage of vote: 8.67%

2. Yes, a few. (99 votes [66.00%])

Percentage of vote: 66.00%

3. No, but there have been. (22 votes [14.67%])

Percentage of vote: 14.67%

4. No, never. (16 votes [10.67%])

Percentage of vote: 10.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 SpaceInvader OFFLINE  

SpaceInvader

Space Invader

• 49 posts

Posted Tue Oct 3, 2006 10:08 PM

Yeah I have a few games for systems I dont own... Usually when I buy a bulk lot and there are a couple mixed in. I only sell games I personally test.. so without the system, I dont sell them. I do however usually get the system, and then sell that too... It's a great way to earn extra dough to buy my own toys and add to my personal collection.

I know off the top of my head I have Texas Instruments "Hunt The Wumpus"

#52 Rogmeister OFFLINE  

Rogmeister

Chopper Commander

• 104 posts

Posted Sat Dec 2, 2006 9:22 PM

I have one GBA game, Baseball Advance. I've never had a Game Boy Advance and don't plan to get one since the game works fine in my DS.

#53 NightSprinter OFFLINE  

NightSprinter

River Patroller

• 2,049 posts

Posted Sun Dec 3, 2006 12:52 AM

Yup, own original tapes for the following games for the ZX Spectrum:

Bubble Bobble
Pac-Mania
Gauntlet: The Deeper Dungeons
Marble Madness Deluxe /w Construction Set
Pole Position
Werewolf Simulator
Starquake
Pitfall II: Lost Caverns
Ghosts 'n' Goblins

Also have quite a few cartridges for the NES, as mine is broken (numerous games won't boot, and the only two that have: Arkanoid and SMB/DuckHunt glitch to the point where I cannot start a game).

#54 spacecadet OFFLINE  

spacecadet

River Patroller

• 3,001 posts

Posted Sun Dec 3, 2006 10:29 AM

Well, since this thread got resurrected (funny how often that happens around here)...

For a long time I had several Atari 7800 games without having a system. I bought a bunch of the O'Shea titles when they were 80 cents, then I spent about 2 years looking for a system that was cheap enough and in good enough condition for me, with a box.

I think that was the last time that I've been in that situation.

#55 PressureCooker2600 OFFLINE  

PressureCooker2600

Nurgle, The Pestilent One

• 6,742 posts
  • Death Metal for the Soul

Posted Sun Dec 3, 2006 10:30 AM

Well, since this thread got resurrected (funny how often that happens around here)...

For a long time I had several Atari 7800 games without having a system. I bought a bunch of the O'Shea titles when they were 80 cents, then I spent about 2 years looking for a system that was cheap enough and in good enough condition for me, with a box.

I think that was the last time that I've been in that situation.

80 cents :lust: :lust: how long ago was that??? they're around 10-15 now

#56 Rogmeister OFFLINE  

Rogmeister

Chopper Commander

• 104 posts

Posted Sun Dec 3, 2006 11:03 AM

Well, after reading that comment, I had to look up O'Shea myself since I last ordered from them something like 3 years ago. The games are actually priced at $5 now.

#57 AussieAtari OFFLINE  

AussieAtari

Stargunner

• 1,104 posts

Posted Sun Dec 3, 2006 3:25 PM

Yup, own original tapes for the following games for the ZX Spectrum:

Bubble Bobble
Pac-Mania
Gauntlet: The Deeper Dungeons
Marble Madness Deluxe /w Construction Set
Pole Position
Werewolf Simulator
Starquake
Pitfall II: Lost Caverns
Ghosts 'n' Goblins

If you ever want to off-load them just let me know.....

#58 Rogmeister OFFLINE  

Rogmeister

Chopper Commander

• 104 posts

Posted Wed Dec 6, 2006 2:13 PM

Originally, I checked the choice that said "a few" even though I actually had only one. But now I've bought my second GBA game, Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 so now I'm truthful in my selection. :)

#59 z28in82 OFFLINE  

z28in82

River Patroller

• 3,172 posts
  • "Never Tell Me the Odds"

Posted Wed Dec 6, 2006 2:29 PM

We also fall guilty of this, we had quite a nice collection of X-box games before we had a system and some gamecube demos as well before we got our cube. I try not to end up with any games for systems we don't own(yet) but somehow it always seems to happen :roll:

#60 decypher OFFLINE  

decypher

Dragonstomper

• 974 posts

Posted Wed Dec 6, 2006 4:52 PM

Yes, I have crazy climber, waterworld, obelix, chase the chuck, rubiks and a few others and I dont have a atari.

Jim

#61 Rogmeister OFFLINE  

Rogmeister

Chopper Commander

• 104 posts

Posted Wed Dec 6, 2006 6:31 PM

If you're feeling guilty about it, you can let me have that Crazy Climber if you think it'll help ease your suffering :)

#62 Starhopper OFFLINE  

Starhopper

Moonsweeper

• 429 posts
  • My fists have your pixels on them. . .

Posted Fri Jan 5, 2007 6:21 PM

On the earlier mention of the Colecovision/Atari resemblance, I have a Donkey Kong for Colecovision and no system on which to play it.

I also have a few Sega Genesis carts, but maybe that doesn't count anymore, since I have one on the way from Dusk2600 :cool:

#63 bomberpunk OFFLINE  

bomberpunk

River Patroller

• 2,274 posts
  • i hoard video games.

Posted Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:35 AM

i have three PSP games with no intent of ever buying a PSP. they were 14.98 each in a Target clearance section.

Darkstalkers Chronicle - The Chaos Tower
Megaman Powered Up
Mercury

#64 liveinabin OFFLINE  

liveinabin

Pencil wrangler

• 6,482 posts

Posted Sun Feb 4, 2007 4:25 PM

That's fairly cheap, but hideously expensive if you don't own a PSP. I'm curious, do you also buy discount pet food for animals you don't own? :)

#65 AussieAtari OFFLINE  

AussieAtari

Stargunner

• 1,104 posts

Posted Sun Feb 4, 2007 7:42 PM

I've just found some Commodore C16 cassettes in a drawer and that's a system I have never owned nor probably ever will.

#66 Codysgames OFFLINE  

Codysgames

Star Raider

• 74 posts

Posted Sun Feb 4, 2007 8:48 PM

My collection only has one cart in which I dont have a system for and thats IFR Flight Simulater for a Vic-20 computer.Other than that,its all Colecovision,Atari 2600,etc.

#67 glitch OFFLINE  

glitch

Dragonstomper

• 705 posts
  • Technology governs strategy

Posted Tue Feb 6, 2007 10:38 AM

i have forty ngage games, but no ngage.
i still have neo cd games even though i sold the system.

Now to really go back and revive a topic :D

Are there 40 ngage games? I didn't realize they made that many.

#68 mnbren05 OFFLINE  

mnbren05

Chopper Commander

• 140 posts

Posted Tue Feb 6, 2007 12:37 PM

I have a jag cd game, 2 jag carts, a whole bunch of saturn games, and probably 4 DS games with no consoles.

#69 Tempest OFFLINE  

Tempest

Fallen Moderator

• 27,124 posts

Posted Tue Feb 6, 2007 12:39 PM

I have a few Spectrum and Timex Sinclair tapes, and a couple CD-i games but no systems. Not in a hurry to get them either.

Tempest

#70 DrLove0378 OFFLINE  

DrLove0378

Chopper Commander

• 231 posts

Posted Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:14 PM

I started doing that when I was 16 -- stockpiling games in advance, for systems I didn't own yet. Back when GameStop still had CIB NES, SNES and Genesis games, I picked 'em up. When the video stores in the area dumped their 8- and 16-bit stock... I was there. When the Sega Master System was just a minor niche market on eBay... I got some good games. The rest of my family -- particularly my brother -- found fault with me "buying games I couldn't play." I would play them, soon enough...

Back in 1988, we sold our first SMS to get an NES, and in 1991, we sold that same NES to get a Super Nintendo (which is, oddly enough, the system I've had for the longest. Hard to believe it was once $200 in price.) I was determined, however, to build back collections for the NES and SMS. It took me years to get my hands on replacement systems, but I finally did. (To this day, I regret not picking up that CIB Mega Man for $19.99, back in 2000...)

I also collect arcade PCBs, even though I don't have cabinets to put them in. My most recent score was "Shootout" (Data East, 1985), with its marquee.

And by the way, Student Driver, those LaserActive LD-ROM games are worth a FORTUNE on eBay. Those huge, fragile laserdiscs would seem like they're a bitch to care for, and if they get broken, you're screwed -- so it might be wise to sell 'em. That way, you'll have an extra $3000 in your pocket, and the burden of protecting those precious LDs will be off your shoulders.

Edited by DrLove0378, Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:19 PM.

#71 darthkur ONLINE  

darthkur

River Patroller

• 4,445 posts
  • Traveler in time

Posted Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:17 PM

... My reasoning: My goal, over my lifetime, is to eventually own all game consoles. If I find titles for a console I don't own that are (1) incredibly cheap, (2) likely to be very difficult to find in the future, (3) minty condition, I'll pick them up knowing that some time in the future, I'll be able to play them. I go nuts at clearance sales.

I also use collections of games I can't play as a catalyst to pick up systems, or pre-buy when I know a system is on its way.

I'm exactly the same way. I can never pass up a "good deal" no matter for what system in question.
Just this last weekend I bought 8 Jaguar games, two controllers, RF converter/cords, and a power supply. All I need now is the actual Atari Jaguar console. :P
I also have 7 Vectrex games, only three of which with with screen overlays, two TG16 HuCards and Cartridge #1 for the Coleco Telstar Arcade (those unique silver triangular shaped carts). Not to mention a stack of Macintosh CD's and several dozen floppies that go with my Power Mac 6100/60AV that I can't get any image to come up on the monitor for. Sadly I must include all of the RCA Studio II games, I'm lacking only Speedway/Tag, since either the console or the switchbox I own is non functional. :(

#72 raskar42 OFFLINE  

raskar42

River Patroller

• 3,006 posts

Posted Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:20 PM

I just picked up the 3 xbox burger king games.

yes I have no xbox

and If i didn't mention it earlier, I got Star Wars Arcade for the Colecovision.

haven't gotten around to geting the console yet

Edited by raskar42, Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:22 PM.

#73 LYNXGUY OFFLINE  

LYNXGUY

Stargunner

• 1,458 posts

Posted Tue May 1, 2007 12:30 PM

Winter Games for the 2600

#74 toiletunes OFFLINE  

toiletunes

River Patroller

• 3,961 posts
  • Hater Brigader

Posted Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:10 PM

Picked up Activision's Zone Ranger, and it doesn't seem to fit in any console- not 2600, 5200, 7800, Coleco, Inty, or XEGS. Someday it will play again...

#75 English Invader OFFLINE  

English Invader

Moonsweeper

• 379 posts

Posted Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:43 PM

I'm tempted to buy the Rare Replay compilation for XBox One even though I don't have an XB1 (or even an HD TV) at this stage because I want to play Conker's Bad Fur Day and it looks like the only means with a sane price tag.

Only recently upgraded to the 360 (currently displayed through VGA in tandem with my desktop) so not likely to get an XB1 any time soon.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users