IGNORED

PC to TI99/4A interface?

AussieAtari

What makes some games require XB and some require E/A? Is there a way to convert the E/A games to run under XB or put a nice menu together for the E/A games?

Tempest

There is a program called YLOAD that runs in XB that allows you play most EA/3 and EA/5 games.

There is a program called YLOAD that runs in XB that allows you play most EA/3 and EA/5 games.

Interesting. Do the games have to be patched with it to work or do you just put YLOAD onto the disk? My knowledge of how TI disk stuff works is very limited.

Tempest

Never heard of YLoad... but sounds like something that could be wrapped with a nice menu system & kept on dsk1 and load all the games off dsk2. Hmmm...

-H

Interesting. Do the games have to be patched with it to work or do you just put YLOAD onto the disk? My knowledge of how TI disk stuff works is very limited.

Tempest

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello everybody!

I'm looking for the .dsk file (so I can load it into my CF7+) of the companion disk that came with TI LOGO PHM 3040 cart. I got the cart, but don't have the disk... And with no disk, no possibility to use the cart.

I can't found it anywhere in the web... Can anybody tell where I can get it?

Greetings from Argentina. Thanks.

Pablo

• 11 months later...

Hi all. A little bit of a necro bump, but perhaps those who bought a nanoPEB during the latest rounds of sales will find it as useful as I have.

One question, though.

At the moment, I do not have the E/A cart, but I do have the XB cart. I've been successful loading the some of the XB modules from remowilliams' first collection. I realize that the menu appears once you select "2" for "Extended Basic" at the opening menu.

Does this mean that I need to use dsk2cf every time I want to load another module of titles (about four or five titles)? This, despite the fact that the CF card holds 2GB? Or, use a separate CF card for each module of four or five titles? Obviously, I'd love to load all of the modules on the CF card and access them without having to go back to the PC. Thanks in advance.

• 6 years later...

3 hours ago, Ksarul said:

thread necromancy is a good thing here

Necroposting for the win! (You said it, not me Ksarul);-)

Nowadays, the TIPI approach is the way to go.

Just use the web interface front-end from your PC to transfer your file from PC to TIPI, where you can then load it on your TI.

If you know where you saved a file on your Raspberry pi SD card, it is easy enough to find it on the TIPI network share and transfer it to the PC.

Edited by jrhodes
  • Like 3