IGNORED

Homesoft

Shannon

Any plans to convert 5200 Tempest to XL/XE?

What, the new one that's in development now? I volunteered to port it over, when it's ready, but they aren't interested... said they have no plans to ever create an A8 version. I never got any response to this post: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1477070

I dunno whether it'd help to bombard them with requests to do an A8 version... on the one hand, they might decide to do an A8 version if lots of people chime in with "I'll buy it". On the other hand, they've already said they aren't doing it, so it might just irritate them.

• 3 weeks later...

Well,

simply send Homesoft the 5200 ROM of Tempest and he will surely convert it for you and the A8 !! You only have to be patient... (since Homesoft is very busy), but he converted every game for me, that I did send him in the last two years... -Andreas Koch.

Edited by CharlieChaplin

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
And now,

there is number 355...

http://www.mushca.com/f/atari/index.php?idx=7

greetings, Andreas Koch.

Actually looks to be disk number 354, and its not the latest version of the program.

Well,

I was not refferring to the Bombjack version... (which is on disk 354)...

instead I only wanted to inform everyone, that there is disk number 355 on the Homesoft site... thats all.

-Andreas Koch.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Disk 358

MR Robot Plus - has my screens (great work thanks for making this look professional) and the others you have added as 'unknown' are from 'Goochman' could he be credited?

Phantom - Tried this twice on my 130xe (downloaded the file to a myDOS453 running MyPICOdos) and twice the screen was filled with corrupted display list during level 1 or 2 in 'Ye Olde Inn' (it looked like the game was still running if that's any help).

Phantom - Tried this twice on my 130xe (downloaded the file to a myDOS453 running MyPICOdos) and twice the screen was filled with corrupted display list during level 1 or 2 in 'Ye Olde Inn' (it looked like the game was still running if that's any help).

I've checked that game here too. The version from 'fandal' has corrupted sound and the 'holmes' dump corrupted graphics.

Since I did not remember these problems with my old disk version I fired up my 1050. Please find the result attached.

CU

Irgendwer

Phantom.zip

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, several programs on the Homesoft disks are fixed for XL/XE - I found the only version of Sirius' "Capture the Flag" that would also run on Atari800WinPLus in XL/XE mode on a Homesoft disk (the version on Fandal's site would run on a real 800XL, but not in the emulator). Additionally, these disks include file versions of certain multi-part games (e.g. Drol), and even a colour-choice menu for games that originally had artifacting (again e.g. Drol).

Thorsten